Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 05, 2015, 09:13:50 AM
A couple of problems with your observations, from my point of view.  Atheism is not a culture.  It is not one consolidated point of view.  It is mainly negative in that is simply says that god/gods do not exist.  It does not, then replace those gods/god with another philosophy.  I see your disappointment as a lack of labor on your part.  When you rejected religions/god, it is up to you to chose what is moral and what is not--not another atheist.  You have to decide what is the right philosophy for you.  If you don't then you will continue to be disappointed.  One of the benefits of being in an organized religion is that you do not have to think about or reason about what is moral, right and good--or what your purpose in life is.  That is all spoon fed to you.  Atheism does not supply any of that; so if you want it, then you have to build it yourself.

Understand--atheism does not produce any 'culture'.  It can't.  You have to find a culture that fits what you think is a positive culture.  So, quit seeing what you don't want and start searching for what you do want.  Only you can do that for yourself.  Atheists will not spoon feed that to you.
Morality is in us all. It was put there for a reason. Unfortunately most PEOPLE adjust it to their desires and wants. Morality isn't spoon fed by scripture. It is just verified or remembered if you will.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: TomFoolery on October 05, 2015, 09:37:56 AM
I'll agree with you there, atheism isn't a culture, but a lot of atheists make it into one. There are many militant atheists who take their own lack of beliefs and observations and mock the religious for it. I don't know many atheists in person, but the few I have met at the local book club here are people who have turned atheism into a battle cry to be antagonistic and downright contrary to any kind of religious symbol. When you spend so much time tearing down religion because you don't believe in one, well, that to me becomes a type of culture.

True, not all atheists are like that, but not all Christians demand to have the 10 commandments posted outside of court houses either. I think atheism is a school of thought that lends itself to superiority quite often.
All men are flawed. Not just the religions or atheists. Moral action brought about through the conscience is universal.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: jonb on October 05, 2015, 10:13:16 AM
There are sets of principals that have guided European/western culture, a major influence on what those principals are has been driven by the church in its many forms. If we are in a situation where the church is being rejected then a re evaluation of those principals I would say has to be studied.
To not study those principals that have influenced our cultures would leave a state where the culture and our attitudes are still driven by the church's dogmas and as such it would not matter if we were atheist or christard because we see the world and react to the world in the same way.

Culture is not imposed on people it is an expression of their collective ideas, thus if people are atheist that will influence the culture, unless that atheism is just something that is mouthed, not practised.

What I see are a lot of people who have been butt hurt by different churches or mom and dad's belief systems saying 'I be an atheist then suck on that', but then carrying on like all the other christards.

I feel unless atheists start to set their own moral compasses, they are using those of the christards and as such they are to all practical purposes christards   
Not hardly. You must no that you are under God by his will trough Christ to be safe. You will find the same general moral code in all faiths that are true. This is because they are all derived from a direct connection through th e conscience. Unfortunately, the opposing side of us is still present in any who sin, and according to most scriptures non has ever been without fault. With that being said we can start to understand the very minor discrepancies between scriptures of most Faith

popsthebuilder

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 05, 2015, 10:35:38 AM
There's no point in re-inventing the wheel. As aitm has pointed out, discarding because of an association is an exercise in futility. Rather take what we have and make it better. What I suspect is that you are looking for a clash of cultures. There is too much of that already.
There's only one small problem with that; like hypocritical "believers"; you are cherry picking and thus not attaining a comprehensive understanding.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 09, 2015, 11:25:14 PM
Not hardly. You must no that you are under God by his will trough Christ to be safe. You will find the same general moral code in all faiths that are true. This is because they are all derived from a direct connection through th e conscience. Unfortunately, the opposing side of us is still present in any who sin, and according to most scriptures non has ever been without fault. With that being said we can start to understand the very minor discrepancies between scriptures of most Faith

They need to invent a new game in the Olympics for the kind of mental gymnastics you're doing.

Secretly a Warsie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

jonb

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 10, 2015, 12:21:55 AM
They need to invent a new game in the Olympics for the kind of mental gymnastics you're doing.

Secretly a Warsie.

Honestly I cannot see anyone buying tickets for that one

His mom might turn up though if he pays her.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 10, 2015, 12:21:55 AM

Secretly a Warsie.
Not at all. Look up Druze and Bahia.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: jonb on October 10, 2015, 12:33:17 AM
Honestly I cannot see anyone buying tickets for that one

His mom might turn up though if he pays her.
Good ole herd mentality negativity. Never gets old.

jonb

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 10, 2015, 01:18:16 AM
Good ole herd mentality negativity. Never gets old.

You really do not know what evidence is do you, Are your lips moving as you read this?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: jonb on October 10, 2015, 01:26:04 AM
You really do not know what evidence is do you, Are your lips moving as you read this?
Evidence of what? Negativity through herd mentality?...

jonb

Quite you cannot see evidence that I think you have fully established, but are your lips moving as you read?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: jonb on October 10, 2015, 01:35:59 AM
Quite you cannot see evidence that I think you have fully established, but are your lips moving as you read?
What does that have to do with anything? And yeah I guess sometimes not really what in thinking about when reading. I guess if I'm tryin to understand something better I may go back over it better and word or even read aloud. Again what is your point?

Just curious.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: jonb on October 10, 2015, 01:35:59 AM
By the way; what evidence are you saying I refute?