News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Republican War On Science

Started by stromboli, October 03, 2015, 03:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Baruch on October 19, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
Yes, well that was just great.  So you are going to go drink a good gulp of sewer water
Pink slime is not appetizing, but it's not sewer water. It's not even fermented, like kiviak. Pink slime is pretty well sterilized and undigested, which is quite the opposite of sewer water. Given a choice between pink slime and sewer water, I would choose pink slime.

Quote from: Baruch on October 19, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
but you are covering for the FIC ... food industrial complex.  Gotta pay back that loan to RJ Reynolds?  And a straw man black-white argument?  Not professional.  Maybe you ate too much school paste glue ... they eat horses, don't they?
Who is the one strawmanning here by comparing pink slime to sewer water? Listen, Baruch, I'm perfectly okay with you hating industrialized food, but don't tell lies about it. The industry wants you to make your emotional appeal so they can plaster you over with the facts, thus rendering you and everyone who would stand by your side a bunch of irrational reactionaries in the eyes of others.

No one, not even you, is served by your hyperbole. They're plenty of reasons to hate industrialized food without the lies and urban legends you have absorbed â€" that it encourages a sedentary lifestyle and that it discourages the eating of a widely varied diet, which is your best defense against malnutrition of all types (over- and undernutrition). In the long run, it's the excess sugar, fats, and excessive protein that shorten your life, not the vanishingly small in comparison preservatives and pesticides. Your liver can deal with that small stuff. Only your choice of foods can shield you from the big stuff. Industrialized food also discourages diversity in global crops and the unsustainable agriculture model used around the world.

When you consider that these are the problems with industrial food, you realize also that organic foods aren't going to save you, because organic food is as industrialized as conventional foods, and is just as unsustainable, just as non-diversified, and when processed, turns out just as unhealthy as conventionally farmed foods â€" because again, the real problems are not in any parts of agriculture that organic farming addresses.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

aitm

I am far more concerned with the amount of sugar and sodiums put into foods. GMO's don't bother me in the least. Of course the amount of steroids and other fun stuff injected into especially chicken sure seems to be showing up in the breast size of young women in this country. We had one girl in our entire school that had a D cup. Both my wife and sisters were flat-chested until they were 14. Hell, my daughter had a D cup when she was 13. The size of the average chicken breast is three times what it was in the 70's. But….still not life threatening, yet.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Aitm ... so not an issue, until after you are fitted for your D cup then?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on October 20, 2015, 06:53:10 PM
Aitm ... so not an issue, until after you are fitted for your D cup then?
fortunately my D cup comes with just one "cup".
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust