Creation vs. Evolution Controversy is Part of ‘Satan’s Plan to Get Rid of God’

Started by josephpalazzo, September 29, 2015, 10:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 29, 2015, 10:31:15 AM
...says  contender for the Republican nomination for president, Ben Carson.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/ben-carson-creation-vs-evolution-controversy-part-satans-plan-get-rid-god

Politics, you've got to love it...
I am not surprised.  Just sickened.  His Seventh Day Adventist church has a history of being stupid and gullible.  They were formed from the Millerites who waited for the world to end on a mountain top in the 1840's--not once, but twice.  Those who still believed became the Seventh Day Adventist church.  These people are special because of their total stupidity. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

TomFoolery

Quote“We were made in the image of God,” said Dr. Carson in his presentation at the Celebration of Creation conference, as reported by the Adventist News Network.

No, we are made in the image of Bob Ross.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Termin

“Now, this whole creation/evolution controversy has been raging on, really, since the beginning because, what is Satan’s plan? To get rid of God,” said Dr. Carson.  “To disparage God. To mischaracterize God.”

The last thing anyone would want to do is characterize god as the kind of being who would order mass killings, destroy entire populations of animal and plant life,  show favoritism to one group of humans over another , oh wait, never mind.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

No ..what's trying to get rid of god are grocery stores that still sell apples where WOMEN can buy and eat them thus allowing evil to flourish.
That's why whenever I see a woman in the grocery touching an apple I chop her head off and burn her body right then and there as a warning to any other woman who thinks she can just prance right over and perpetuate evil like Eve.

Of course I do make exceptions for particularly hot women.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 29, 2015, 11:45:00 AM
What controversy?
The manufactered one following in the wake of the fundamentalist-modernist controversy.  It's rather telling that significant resistance to the reality of evolution came not from the scientific community, but from the pulpit.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 29, 2015, 02:18:01 PM
The manufactered one following in the wake of the fundamentalist-modernist controversy.  It's rather telling that significant resistance to the reality of evolution came not from the scientific community, but from the pulpit.
The Joke --------------------------------------------------------------------->
--------------------------------------Your Head---------------------------------------

:lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 29, 2015, 07:14:30 PM
The Joke --------------------------------------------------------------------->
--------------------------------------Your Head---------------------------------------

:lol:
I understood it, though.  I understand that there's no controversy within the scientific community, as creationists allege.  I was just pointing out that the political shitstorm regarding evolution is a fairly modern creation.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 29, 2015, 11:15:09 PM
I understood it, though.  I understand that there's no controversy within the scientific community, as creationists allege.  I was just pointing out that the political shitstorm regarding evolution is a fairly modern creation.

Evolution is fairly modern.

TomFoolery

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 29, 2015, 11:15:09 PM
I was just pointing out that the political shitstorm regarding evolution is a fairly modern creation.

No, it was just due to flare up again like a nasty bout of colitis. America in the 1920s has fundamentalist factions that would be at home today. Many schools in the South tried to prohibit the teaching of evolution, and the Butler Act in Tennessee led to the famous Scopes trial. The Scopes trial itself feels like it could have been ripped from modern headlines because it pitted Clarence Darrow against William Jennings Bryan, who ran for president three times and failed. If you replaced Clarence Darrow with someone like Ted Olson and William Jennings Bryan with Ted Cruz, well, welcome to 2015.

The 1950s had a lot of fundamentalist religious movements too, since going to church was the opposite of being communist.

Then there were the 1980s.

As I'm typing this, I'm discovering these waves occur about every 30 years, so it is true: we were just due.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 30, 2015, 07:50:45 AM
Evolution is fairly modern.
Let me put it this way.  Darwin was cold in the ground for decades before the widespread creationist movement against evolution formed.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 30, 2015, 11:58:24 AM
Let me put it this way.  Darwin was cold in the ground for decades before the widespread creationist movement against evolution formed.

Some points: (1) Creationism has been around for thousands of years; evolution, about 150 years. (2) Even Darwin hesitated to publish his theory, knowing the consequences that would have on his private life. Resistance to evolution has always been there from the onset.  It has been a long battle, and gains were slowed coming around. Now, it is generally accepted throughout the Western World, but not everywhere on the planet. The US is the exception among Western countries.