The One You Haven't Heard About: The Trade In Services Agreement

Started by stromboli, September 25, 2015, 03:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Don't forget the state capitals too ... they will get jealous of Washington DC.  But mind you, I am not pointing out villainy because I am righteous ... it is because I am a villain myself, and there is no respect among fellow villains ... in the sense that I am fine warning one set of villains against the villainy of another.  Life really is a fairy tale like Princess Bride ... the words we use don't mean what we think they mean ... and we really shouldn't drink the poison cup of a "land war in Asia".  Once you open your eyes, it is all Bears and Goldilocks, all the way down ... oh ... that was Alice jumping down the rabbit hole ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

QuoteIt would take a thousand posts ... to explain how I think that politics is a cesspool of villainy ... should I post them?  Rhetorical question ;-)  Trade agreements are political.  They are part of the cesspool of villainy.

It is a monster but it's part of the human landscape: throw a bunch of people on an island, and soon enough, a leader will emerge, supported by a small number of henchmen. That's politics in a nutshell.

Baruch

But it matters who the henchmen are ... are you a henchman or am I a henchman.  Being a henchman pays better than being a schlub.  And the chief of the henchmen pays better still.  So thanks for the empirical observation ... but while what, where and when are important ... so are who, why and how.

Some trade deals are better than others.  Hopefully someone can explain why this trade treaty (actually three, TISA, TPP, TAP) are better than the prior arrangement, or how a different set of trade deals would be better than this trio or the prior arrangement.  But that would be a different website.  May I recommend Naked Capitalist?  One of the few honest and progressive economics websites.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2015, 10:42:43 AM
But it matters who the henchmen are ... are you a henchman or am I a henchman.  Being a henchman pays better than being a schlub.  And the chief of the henchmen pays better still.  So thanks for the empirical observation ... but while what, where and when are important ... so are who, why and how.

Some trade deals are better than others.  Hopefully someone can explain why this trade treaty (actually three, TISA, TPP, TAP) are better than the prior arrangement, or how a different set of trade deals would be better than this trio or the prior arrangement.  But that would be a different website.  May I recommend Naked Capitalist?  One of the few honest and progressive economics websites.

If you think that you are smarter than any of the folks who work at these international agreements, then get your feet wet and start getting involved, instead of playing Monday morning quarterbacking.

jonb

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 11, 2015, 04:16:40 PM
If you think that you are smarter than any of the folks who work at these international agreements, then get your feet wet and start getting involved, instead of playing Monday morning quarterbacking.

OK so only those who go to church should criticize religion fair enough.

No wait. . .

Oh sorry I forgot for a moment. . .

your mosque.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 11, 2015, 04:16:40 PM

A Catholic priest has a PhD equivalent in religion studies.  Why doesn't that impress you?  And economics is a bag of tricks, it isn't any kind of science at all ... because it is part of politics.  And no, I am not smart enough (aka criminal enough) to be a powerful, famous or rich person ... otherwise I would still trust Dr Kissinger and just ignore all those dead bodies in Santiago Chile.  I pointed out a good website that has smart people on it ... for those who want more info ... I have no intention of competing with people who work full time in banking, finance etc.  But neither do I trust what they say, given that money is involved ... I at least compare several to get the real story.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

facebook164

Quote from: Baruch
A Catholic priest has a PhD equivalent in religion studies. 
Oh no they havent. at least not in any way equivalent with any studies in real matters.
More like in "weird spinoffs of the story of Harry Potter"

Baruch

Quote from: facebook164 on October 12, 2015, 12:45:53 AM
Oh no they havent. at least not in any way equivalent with any studies in real matters.
More like in "weird spinoffs of the story of Harry Potter"

Context of response ;-) ... otherwise I agree with you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2015, 09:51:43 PM
A Catholic priest has a PhD equivalent in religion studies.  Why doesn't that impress you?  And economics is a bag of tricks, it isn't any kind of science at all ... because it is part of politics.  And no, I am not smart enough (aka criminal enough) to be a powerful, famous or rich person ... otherwise I would still trust Dr Kissinger and just ignore all those dead bodies in Santiago Chile.  I pointed out a good website that has smart people on it ... for those who want more info ... I have no intention of competing with people who work full time in banking, finance etc.  But neither do I trust what they say, given that money is involved ... I at least compare several to get the real story.

There's a lot of badass activists who come from humble origins, but keep making excuses and enjoy your Monday morning quaterbacking.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

jonb

Gandhi was not from humble origins, Bania, of the merchant caste, but I understand the mistake it is so rare to find a person of the upper orders that gives a shit about anybody else at all that when one does come along there is a presumption they must be of the people.

Dalits, the untouchable caste see him as the enemy, this is not a story spoken about in polite circles or the west that likes it's heroes untarnished. 

josephpalazzo

jonb

Yes the voice of authority always has washed it's hands of responsibility. Outsiders are not allowed to criticise is also a view spread by those in power or seeking it. ISIS blame the kafir for not joining with gawd.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 12, 2015, 12:45:42 PM
All die, but shall all die as victims of injustice?

I volunteer you to step up to the plate and fight injustices so that no one will die as a victim of injustice.