John Boehner resigning from Congress at end of October

Started by PopeyesPappy, September 25, 2015, 11:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Boehner is Catholic, and he had a private conversation with the Pope yesterday which according to reports played heavily in his decision to resign. I can't help but wonder if the Pope told him he was a shitty Christian, and his political views were incompatible with his religion.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

TomFoolery

I think that might have had something to do with it, but when I first heard the news, my mind flashed to that scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom where the pilots bailed out while everyone was sleeping. Before another possible government shutdown over Planned Parenthood and election season, it's like the guy took off and left everyone else screaming "No more parachutes!"
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

AllPurposeAtheist

The good news is the Republican dominated house of representatives finally created a job. Here's to hoping Louie Gomert gets the job.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 25, 2015, 12:23:33 PM
The good news is the Republican dominated house of representatives finally created a job. Here's to hoping Louie Gomert gets the job.

Hope not to ruin your day, but his successor is probably Kevin McCarthy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kevin-mccarthy-boehner-resigns_56055982e4b0af3706dbe485

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

I think it's apparent that the tea party was going to try to oust him and he simply couldn't reign them in from their insanity. I seriously doubt McCarthy will be able to either, but perhaps the electorate will come 2016. 

aitm

Don't ya'll be so cocky here. The guy "had some prayer time with the motherfuckinpope"…..dude is running for president…..ya'll wait and see. Maybe not now, but the dude is stocking his run. He is way to arrogant to NOT want to.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: aitm on September 25, 2015, 09:23:34 PM
Don't ya'll be so cocky here. The guy "had some prayer time with the motherfuckinpope"…..dude is running for president…..ya'll wait and see. Maybe not now, but the dude is stocking his run. He is way to arrogant to NOT want to.
With Frank as his VP? C'mon.. Boehner has about as much charisma as a dried cat turd molding away in the basement.   

aitm

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 25, 2015, 09:35:39 PM
With Frank as his VP? C'mon.. Boehner has about as much charisma as a dried cat turd molding away in the basement.   
Less charisma than Nixon? Johnson? Bush? Dole? Mccain? And, really? Can i go through the pub front line? HA. Laugh now.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: aitm on September 25, 2015, 09:42:04 PM
Less charisma than Nixon? Johnson? Bush? Dole? Mccain? And, really? Can i go through the pub front line? HA. Laugh now.
See now .. You made him cry.

Have you no decency?

stromboli

They had this thing out west they don't do any more, because of lack of resources. Its called buffalo chip tossing. A buffalo chip is a dried buffalo shit patty about the size of a dinner plate, and back in the day cowboys used to compete sailing them like frisbees. Another reason I don't like cowboys.... That aside, the Republican Party is pretty much a shit tossing contest. Substitute bull for buffalo, and you got er'. Lets see who can throw his bull pucky the furthest.

josephpalazzo

Why do I have the feeling that whoever replaces him will be worst...

Baruch

Josephpalazzo ... the R and D benches are so shallow, Euclid could still be valid ;-)  Flatland indeed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on September 26, 2015, 06:12:37 AM
Josephpalazzo ... the R and D benches are so shallow, Euclid could still be valid ;-)  Flatland indeed.

I disagree. In a land made up of 330 millions, you can definitely find someone worse than John Boehner. And a lot worse...anyway, will see soon who the Republicans choose.