Put a Cross on the Moon. Why not?

Started by CrucifyCindy, September 19, 2015, 03:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Munch on September 19, 2015, 07:16:31 PM
My prediction for the future. Christians put a cross on the moon, but this pisses off islam, who wants to have there symbolism put on the moon too. Other religions do this. Then political groups decide if religions can, they can too. All this leads to a war over who owns the moon, and opposing countries launch nukes at the moon, destroying most of it and sending whats left hurtling off into space, causing the earth to go into a environmental meltdown, wiping out all life on the planet.

So then we can make it clear, Christianity killed the planet.

There's got to be a book in there somewhere!

:sign0098:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: Termin on September 19, 2015, 08:18:48 PM
The can try, but the Tick will stop them

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON ! ! ! !

Oh, you must be referring to this.

I always wondered why the Moon had "CHA" engraved on it in that show, then I found out later on.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on September 19, 2015, 05:21:52 PM
I didn't get malicious and I have McAfee
McAfee is so bad now that it's almost as useless or malicious as Norton!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Mike Cl

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 24, 2015, 10:38:24 AM
Curious--what do you use?  McAfee, once upon a time (and along with Norton) was okay. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 24, 2015, 10:38:24 AM
Malwarebytes, all the way.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

ApostateLois

I see those shitty roadside crosses everywhere I go, the last thing we need is a giant one on the fucking moon. But then, Christians have no problem with huge, money-wasting projects. The Crystal Cathedral, mega-churches, Noah's Ark projects, creationism museums, think of all the money they've wasted on this garbage that they could  have given to the poor, instead. I wonder how they plan to explain that to Jesus when they get to heaven.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Baruch

ApostateLois ... visit Greece, the Orthodox Christians put up little tin shrines on top of waist hight poles, and in the little shines are pictures of the people who ran their cars off the mountainside while looking at other little tin shrines ;-)

I first encountered the white crosses (state provided in this case) in Montana ... if you see a lot of white crosses, that means that particular curve of the county road is a might dangerous.  Otherwise they are put up privately by churches that support them in memory of careless church members.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: ApostateLois on September 24, 2015, 06:47:13 PM
I see those shitty roadside crosses everywhere I go,  ...
Really? I hadn't noticed.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

That cross is north of OKC.  Brigham Young went to the wrong territory ;-)

Stromboli ... I see that you aren't the only black sheep in his family ... I saw some photos of famous female impersonators ... and one of his sons was listed.  If he was alive now, he would fit in here just fine ... just tighten that corset!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

ApostateLois

That cross doesn't have any half-rotted flowers, toys, and ribbons tied to it to make it a complete crappy eyesore. Looks like it could reflect light right into people's eyes if the sun were shining at the right angle, though.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Unbeliever

Yeah, where's a tornado when you need one?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Y'all know that making big statements is Pharaonic, right?  An obelisk isn't just a tall square based column of rock, with a four sided pyramid on top ... originally the pyramid was covered in gold.  This was so that the sun could catch it at sunrise.  The obelisk is the penis of the sun god, Ra ... which is another form of the Pharaoh.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Ken Hamm ought to go put the giant ark on the moon and wait for the next flood from the moon.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Baruch on September 24, 2015, 09:49:54 PM
ApostateLois ... visit Greece, the Orthodox Christians put up little tin shrines on top of waist hight poles, and in the little shines are pictures of the people who ran their cars off the mountainside while looking at other little tin shrines ;-)

Yup. I never saw so many as in Cyprus.  They've really got a thing for little shrines over there.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on September 25, 2015, 06:31:27 AM
That cross is north of OKC.  Brigham Young went to the wrong territory ;-)
That cross is at the I-55/I-70 split outside Effingham, Illinois. It's one effing big cross.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers