News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Indigo children

Started by TomFoolery, September 18, 2015, 03:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFoolery

I heard this term today in a context of gifted children. Then I Googled it.
http://www.2012-spiritual-growth-prophecies.com/indigo-child.html

Are you or your children an indigo?

QuoteThese are the characteristics of an indigo as stated in The Care and Feeding of Your Indigo Child:
Strong willed
Born in 1978 or later
Headstrong
Creative, with an artistic flair for music, jewelry making, poetry, etc.
Prone to addictions
An "old soul" as if they’re 13 going on 43
Intuitive or psychic, possibly with a history of seeing angels or deceased people
An isolationist, either through aggressive acting-out or through fragile introversion
Independent and proud, even if they’re constantly asking you for money
Possess a deep desire to help the world in a big way
Wavers between low self-esteem and grandiosity
Bores easily
Has probably been diagnosed as having ADD or ADHD
Prone to insomnia, restless sleep, nightmares, or difficulty/fear of falling asleep
Has a history of depression, or even suicidal thoughts or attempts
Looks for real, deep, and lasting friendships
Easily bonds with plants or animals.
If you possess 14 or more of these traits you are an indigo. If 11 to 13, you’re probably an indigo in training. If you’re an adult with these traits you could be a "lightworker."

A psychiatrist would say the majority of these children suffer from autism, ADHD, other mental illnesses or simply having parents that overstate their abilities. I've read where some parents believe their indigo children are the next step in human evolution, and some make parallels to Jediism (yes, Star Wars). Some anthropologists are suggesting it's actually bordering on the beginnings of a religious movement.

It's 2015 for fuck's sake. How is this still happening? We're supposed to be getting rid of religions, not making new ones.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

CrucifyCindy

Narcissistic parents who want to believe their spoiled brats are something special. I blame the whole Self-Esteem movement for this.
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن اÙ,,صباح - Ù,,يس هناك Ù...ا هو صحيح ØŒ ÙƒÙ,, شيء Ù...سÙ...وح به

AllPurposeAtheist

My kids were stone washed denim children, but have moved on to being polyester.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

my mom's one of those indigo children believers. i actually started a thread a long time ago that's since been buried about the indigo children.

In fact. speaking of my mom....

I found these stones placed on top of the front doorway... She's gone completely nuts...

TomFoolery

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 18, 2015, 05:25:57 PM
I found these stones placed on top of the front doorway... She's gone completely nuts...

I'm afraid to ask what they're for...
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

stromboli

Your mom could be a Mormon. The church finally admitted Joseph Smith was into seer stones and now they are all over Mormon websites. I had a Mormon Elder friend years ago that wore a small bag of crystals in a thong around his neck. Joseph Smith was into Jupiter medals and magic scrolls. For my shame I have a box of various semiprecious stones that I was planning to sell in leather bags for believers, but then discovered the truth of Mormonism. You poor heathens have no idea.

:57: