John Boehner resigning from Congress at end of October

Started by PopeyesPappy, September 25, 2015, 11:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

So is the strange political dis-functionality of America proof that G-d exists or the Devil exists?  Actually I have been sympathetic to Boehner.  If I were him, I would have quit a lot sooner.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

He was definitely pushed out since he disagrees of the government shut down on Planned Parenthood- another brilliant idea from the nuts in that party.

Baruch

Don't be fooled by the guy behind the curtain ... the Wicked Witch isn't really dead.  On the sequestration ... we will see this week.  Actually cost the taxpayer more than if the government workers had stayed on the job.  This is a strange new kind of economic stimulus ;-)  On a par with getting people to buy new VW diesel cars to reduce pollution ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on September 26, 2015, 06:32:16 AM
Don't be fooled by the guy behind the curtain ... the Wicked Witch isn't really dead.  On the sequestration ... we will see this week.  Actually cost the taxpayer more than if the government workers had stayed on the job.  This is a strange new kind of economic stimulus ;-)  On a par with getting people to buy new VW diesel cars to reduce pollution ;-(

Anything with the words "economic stimulus" is Keynesian falsehoods, according to the wisdom of those Republican nuts. But they're not doing it to reduce government spending but rather mainly because of a rigged video showing a fetus out of a woman's body still breathing, still pumping a heartbeat... This is from a crowd that goes the extra length to dismiss science in every which way. The result is blatant ignorance to the highest degree.

Baruch

Yes, people even believed that fake White pimp guy ... who is a Republican agent provocateur.  This is why I have concluded that the world, at least the human part of it, is completely irrational.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on September 26, 2015, 06:52:19 AM
Yes, people even believed that fake White pimp guy ... who is a Republican agent provocateur.  This is why I have concluded that the world, at least the human part of it, is completely irrational.

Your nihilism is overtaking you. As Nietzsche said: you must overcome.

Solitary

This seems to be prophetic now:
QuoteReligion is the sign of the oppressed creature, the sentiment of a heartless world, and the soul of soul-less conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them.

The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion.

The ruling ideas of each age have ever been the ideas of its ruling class.

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.

The history of all previous societies has been the history of class struggles.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Baruch

But in the 19th century, opium was thought to be good for you, if you were sick.  Laudanum was widely promoted.  What Marx doesn't like, is that it is an ineffective medicine (religion), not that the patient (society) isn't sick.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

The only downside to Boehner retiring is that it means he'll come back here to Ohio.

Among the many plusses, of course, are that:

1. There's one less idiot with seniority; his district will promptly send another idiot, but they'll be on the bottom of the totem pole;

2. Boehner was an Ohio Repub; we don't do extremism much here, and he was more of a brake on the teabaggers than an enabler of them; and

3. There's now nothing to stop the wingnuts from elevating one of their own to Speaker; the next one is going to make Newt Gingrich look like Jerry Ford, and put control of the House in play despite the Great Gerrymandering of 2012.

Looks win-win to me.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan