Texas teenager arrested after a homemade clock was mistaken for a bomb

Started by drunkenshoe, September 17, 2015, 07:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauricio

Quote from: CloneKai on November 27, 2015, 04:42:23 PM
what new evidence? all these things were already reported.
the thing CoD didn't mention was he showed it to an engineer teacher too. who would probably had asked question on how it works and how he did it.
and what about the forcing this kid to sign that letter of confession.

It is a pencil case, a briefcase like. i would buy it too, because that looks cool.
yes, it could be a prank. not good enough reason to take him out of school in handcuffs though.
meeting a war criminal OMG, wait, is Bush a war criminal? no. ok, then this meeting isn't such a big deal either.

I think the people fucked it up, he could have been suspended, police could have question him, but there was no need to handcuff him and take him like that. and if the letter of confession part is true then ........

new evidence for me, i had not looked deeply into the issue. I agree with what you say about the whole overzealous policing of school it is dumb and wrong in general, but I don't think it was racially motivated, since i has happened to many white kids too, the security measures in USA schools are just over the top. And I think the media made such a fuzz to milk a clickbaity story and I think the parents of the kid saw this as a great opportunity to get rich with a lawsuit.

CloneKai

Quote from: mauricio on November 28, 2015, 07:42:21 PM
new evidence for me, i had not looked deeply into the issue. I agree with what you say about the whole overzealous policing of school it is dumb and wrong in general, but I don't think it was racially motivated, since i has happened to many white kids too, the security measures in USA schools are just over the top. And I think the media made such a fuzz to milk a clickbaity story and I think the parents of the kid saw this as a great opportunity to get rich with a lawsuit.
umm
agree with everything you said here

aitm

Kids are being suspended from school for merely drawing a picture of a gun….children are being thrown out of school because they have talked about guns……and you think that a kid who brings a object to school that looks nothing like a clock, but says it is and suggests this "clock' is worthy of reward even thought it doesn't even look like a fucking clock should be given a kiss on the head and a pat on the back? I think there is far more in this story. I will wait for all the lies to fret away and wait for the "truth". Though it may never happen because it looks like there is now some dubious backdoor work involved.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

CloneKai

only reason i got interested in this story was amount asskissing  was being done by the likes of Microsoft, facebook and the president. hell, even MIT.
sure, don't arrest the kid for making a clock, but making a clock isn't that difficult. little coding and circuitry can do it. but everyone acting as if this kid is the next Einstein or something.
its a stupid case, and there are plenty of them happening around. so don't really care that much, other than the amount of feeling it is generating.

luckily, when i was in US, i twisted a kids arm, but that was before 9/11 so it wasn't considered a possible terrorist plot. thanks all@h
:celebrate:

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: aitm on November 28, 2015, 10:18:59 PM
Kids are being suspended from school for merely drawing a picture of a gun….children are being thrown out of school because they have talked about guns……and you think that a kid who brings a object to school that looks nothing like a clock, but says it is and suggests this "clock' is worthy of reward even thought it doesn't even look like a fucking clock should be given a kiss on the head and a pat on the back? I think there is far more in this story. I will wait for all the lies to fret away and wait for the "truth". Though it may never happen because it looks like there is now some dubious backdoor work involved.
What "should" happen should never be determined by insanely unreasonable precedent. Especially in a country where most children are raised to be either fodder for the world's largest army by ludicrous proportions, or for a breeding role in the Stepford Wives hive.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

gentle_dissident

It's hard to believe some people didn't see this lawsuit coming from day 1. I had all my chips on this outcome and was called a loon. There was genius involved, just not the kind some thought.

As long as people follow the leaders and have no idea how their mind numbing technologies work, they will be wearing woolen head coverings at half mast on their ship of fools.

aitm

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on December 01, 2015, 11:39:18 PM
What "should" happen should never be determined by insanely unreasonable precedent. Especially in a country where most children are raised to be either fodder for the world's largest army by ludicrous proportions, or for a breeding role in the Stepford Wives hive.
What "should" have happened did. What should "not" have happened also did.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on December 02, 2015, 08:20:46 PM
What "should" have happened did. What should "not" have happened also did.

That is quantum mechanics for you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

JBCuzISaidSo

It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

Baruch

Quote from: JBCuzISaidSo on December 03, 2015, 02:06:23 AM
Yep, the chances were 100%. YAY chances!

You can't lose, if the game is ... heads I win, tails I win.  But what happens when the Establishment says ... heads I lose, tails I lose?  The first category is only for the denizens of the country clubs ... move along peasants!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on December 03, 2015, 07:36:14 AM
if the game is ... heads I win, tails I win.

The more usual verbiage is: Heads I win, Tails you lose.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on December 03, 2015, 09:57:23 AM
The more usual verbiage is: Heads I win, Tails you lose.

Not the way I play it ... I simply win all the time ;-)  You can, if you are a banking buddy of the FRB.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on December 03, 2015, 07:45:12 PM
Not the way I play it ... I simply win all the time ;-)

but what I wrote IS actually winni…..ah….nm

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on December 03, 2015, 08:04:24 PM
but what I wrote IS actually winni…..ah….nm

Slight semantic difference.  The way you wrote it ... I would actually care that you lost.  The way I wrote it, your participation is irrelevant ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.