Rapture September 23, 2015. You Have Been Warned. (Again)

Started by stromboli, September 08, 2015, 01:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on September 28, 2015, 02:14:44 AM
World ended yet? (pinches self) Ow. Nope. 
The Rapture is just a way of ridding the world of religious nutjobs. The world won't end then, it will just heave a sigh of relief.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 29, 2015, 07:14:23 AM
The Rapture is just a way of ridding the world of religious nutjobs. The world won't end then, it will just heave a sigh of relief.

Given some thought to it, I think I might see why if the rapture did happen, we'd be in trouble. If it did happen, and only the christians flew up to heaven naked leaving cloths behind, what would be left is every other religion, and those who didn't believe in god. This would give islam and all its associated cults more power to take over the western world.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on September 29, 2015, 10:34:44 AM
Given some thought to it, I think I might see why if the rapture did happen, we'd be in trouble. If it did happen, and only the christians flew up to heaven naked leaving cloths behind, what would be left is every other religion, and those who didn't believe in god. This would give islam and all its associated cults more power to take over the western world.

It would also kind of imply that everyone left behind was destined for Hell. But I hear the lake of fire is a nice 200,000 Fahrenheit degrees this time of year.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Atheon

The world did end. It was just quietly replaced by an exact replica.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Munch

Quote from: Atheon on October 01, 2015, 02:49:25 AM
The world did end. It was just quietly replaced by an exact replica.

Dammit can't find it, I just remembered a pinky and the brain episode where brain made a paper mache earth, and everyone moved to it with the offer of free t-shirts, only for a meteor to destroy the real earth.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: 1liesalot on October 06, 2015, 06:48:02 PM
Today's the day!. I wouldn't mind but my Rapture frock is still at the dry cleaners.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/archives/2015/03/22/why-october-7-2015-is-the-likely-end-of-the-world-part-3/
That is so appropriate for me!  Why, you may ask (or you may not).  Well, I'll tell you (anyway).  It is my 70th birthday!  And no, I did not think to make it this far.  So from now on, I'm living on gravy time.  My medical family history is such that we don't really get this far--not usually.  So, bring on the end of the world.  For all those who believe, I hope it comes true for them. :))))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

Congrats, Mike. Btw, another date coming up- October 7th. Tomorrow. So then what? Sheesh.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: 1liesalot on October 06, 2015, 06:48:02 PM
Today's the day!. I wouldn't mind but my Rapture frock is still at the dry cleaners.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/archives/2015/03/22/why-october-7-2015-is-the-likely-end-of-the-world-part-3/
All the calculation and analysis in the world will not save you from a faulty premise, in this case, the notion that a band of near-ignorant goat herders have any fucking clue how the universe actually works in general or in detail (beyond herding goats).
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Didn't the CIA have an experiment where they stared at goats?  Maybe they were trying to get a message from the Great Bleeet!  I prefer using a thread, a skeleton key and a seance at Halloween.  It gives binary answers not letters like Ouija ... so it is conducive to uploading as a binary into my computer ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

1liesalot

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 01, 2015, 01:38:09 AM
It would also kind of imply that everyone left behind was destined for Hell. But I hear the lake of fire is a nice 200,000 Fahrenheit degrees this time of year.

Can't wait! Positively tropical. Praise Jeeeeeeeeeeeezus.

trdsf

A few years back, Harold Camping's backup prediction date fell on the first day of a convention I always go to.

Of course we had an end of the world party.  Followed by a "yay, we're still here" party.  And of course, the rest of the convention.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan