God's Top 10 Life Hacks!

Started by dtq123, September 07, 2015, 05:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Baruch

Yes, that one is really funny ... if it wasn't so true.  G-d can be a real dick ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Termin

God actually got one right in this one , although perhaps unintentionally , life hack number 2 , how to kill someone , it's pointed about by Geoffrey that this is against the commandments, but (to the best of my knowledge) in Hebrew the commandment is thou shall not murder, not kill.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Baruch

It is only murder, to kill without authority.  If you have proper authority, it may be a requirement to kill, not a prohibition.  Civilians don't have this authority, for obvious reasons (Hatfields and McCoys).  But abuse of authority is less than excusable ... it is inexcusable ... hence the fear of bad police or military insurrection.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Termin

I'm not advocating killing mind , but within the context of the bible is is allowable under certain circumstances, sadly.

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Baruch

If you want pacifism ... that only applies to some sects of Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism.  But many of each are perfectly willing to kill people, if not kill cows.  Emperor Hirohito attacked Pearl Harbor to honor Buddha's birthday.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Termin

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2015, 06:56:20 AM
If you want pacifism ... that only applies to some sects of Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism.  But many of each are perfectly willing to kill people, if not kill cows.  Emperor Hirohito attacked Pearl Harbor to honor Buddha's birthday.

Pearl Harbor was December 7, Buddha's birthday is celebrated anywhere form April to may depending on the region and the calendar they use.

Baruch

Buddha's enlightenment day is celebrated on Dec 8 ... so the Japanese were a day early.  Evidence indicates the Emperor's intentions.  My bad on which holiday it was.  Buddhist clergy who accommodated the Japanese warlords ... are still persona non grata in China.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Termin

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2015, 06:45:47 PM
Buddha's enlightenment day is celebrated on Dec 8 ... so the Japanese were a day early.  Evidence indicates the Emperor's intentions.  My bad on which holiday it was.  Buddhist clergy who accommodated the Japanese warlords ... are still persona non grata in China.

Which isn't his Birthday, and the enlightenment day is based on a lunar calendar so the date changes every year, I have no idea what is was in 41'

Baruch

Well Japanese Buddhists are heretics, and don't follow a lunar calendar (land of the rising sun and all).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.