News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Put the Bigoted Asshole In Jail!

Started by peacewithoutgod, September 03, 2015, 12:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NakedTracyBlack

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 04, 2015, 12:47:23 PM
I too live in the South and I never witness my neighbors speaking badly about gay people, because in the South people smile to your face and talk about you behind your back.

I often overhear them at the store.

"Did you hear about that poor Kim Davis woman?  Put in jail for being a Christian.  We need to pray for her.  That's just wrong."

Most people I know would probably never say it to my face.  I'd never associate with them if they did.  I know a church around here is 'praying for her'.  Proof that you can have morals without religion is the fact that I haven't set the church on fire (while nobody was in it)

Baruch

This particular string is part of the Kulterkampf ... and that started before the Europeans arrived in N America.  One of the other posters related how cultural variance is a problem ... like if we aren't all Californians ... well barf me with a spoon, surfer dude!

So gather all the villagers, gather the pitchforks, light up the torches and lets all storm Dr Frankenstein's castle ;-)  Peasants!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p5AG0Tqh3A

Whatever you do to the rednecks ... please save the barbecue for me ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: NakedTracyBlack on September 04, 2015, 01:04:51 PM
I often overhear them at the store.

"Did you hear about that poor Kim Davis woman?  Put in jail for being a Christian.  We need to pray for her.  That's just wrong."

Most people I know would probably never say it to my face.  I'd never associate with them if they did.  I know a church around here is 'praying for her'.  Proof that you can have morals without religion is the fact that I haven't set the church on fire (while nobody was in it)
Q: What would be 150 million Xtian fundies (apprx. US fundy population) on the Moon?
A: A good start.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

TomFoolery

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 04, 2015, 02:47:38 PM
Q: What would be 150 million Xtian fundies (apprx. US fundy population) on the Moon?
A: A good start.

They will no doubt be fleeing from the "Homosexual gaystapo." http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/rick-wiles-homosexual-gaystapo-will-murder-christians-kim-davis-reign-terror

A friend sent me a link to the article above. I saw it was from a site called rightwingwatch.org and two thoughts entered my head: 1. This is satire and it's going to be funny as hell and 2. This is real and I'm going to end up on a federal watch list for clicking on it.

The first line of this guy's statement is one of the best I've ever read in terms of hilarious bigotry. It really goes all out with the puns.

QuoteKim Davis’ imprisonment is only the beginning of the reign of terror by the Obamanista communist regime’s gaystapo.
The problem is, I'm picturing Barack Obama behind the counter at Starbuck's (Obama + Barista = Obamanista?) and a gaystapo full of fabulously fit, impeccably manscaped individuals with military uniforms more stylish and homoerotic than Heinrich Himmler meets the cast of 300.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

It was because of the madness and delusion of crowds ... that we had things like the Spanish Inquisition and Nazis .... tin foil hat started long before 9/11.  So if enough people believe something (this is like religious faith if more ephemeral) ... then you can get really bad blowback.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 04, 2015, 10:30:38 AM
The image posted of her on the previous page is not her then and now.  It's Cathy Bates from the movie Misery and Kim Davis side by side. 

People not thinking much about memes?
Thank you! SK began to lose me from the point that he got into that Dark Tower wastage, which wasn't so bad an idea as it was risibly long, drawn out, and weak of plot. From that point onward, I had other books to read, and other movies to watch.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

FinalSomnia

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 04, 2015, 10:30:38 AM
The image posted of her on the previous page is not her then and now.  It's Cathy Bates from the movie Misery and Kim Davis side by side. 

People not thinking much about memes?
Ummm, I thought that was the joke, APA.
Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 04, 2015, 12:59:15 PM
Or stand on street corners with signs condemning sin, but you're right, they rarely just talk person to person about the dangers of Sodom.

My husband and I went to a movie last weekend and there were two guys standing at the off-ramp of the highway with poster boards, Bibles and bullhorns. We had a green light and rolled by and I couldn't make out what they were saying, but the poster board simply said "John 3:16." At least it was a Bible verse more neutrally associated with love I suppose. I wasn't about to ask my husband to stop so we could get out and find out what they were railing against.

The verse goes somthing like this:
For Gawd so loved the world that he committed child sacrifice with his only son so that he who believeth he would and did brutally crucified his own son may still meet a similar fate, but at least they would not be spit-roasted over the eternal barbecue pit which he created for the endless torture of devils, demons, and doubters of his glorious, eternal, and unconditional love for them.

TomFoolery

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 04, 2015, 06:30:38 PM
The verse goes somthing like this:
For Gawd so loved the world that he committed child sacrifice with his only son so that he who believeth he brutally crucified his own son may still meet a similar fate, but at least they would not be spit-roasted over the eternal barbecue pit which he created for devils, demons, and doubters of his glorious love for them.

You make it sound so mean. ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 04, 2015, 06:35:12 PM
Well, I had to tweak it after posting, because my eyes never proofread very well with the starkness of the black/white text editor. Basically I added that Gawd's glorious love is also "eternal" and "unconditional". Does that make it less mean, or just more ironic?

SGOS

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 04, 2015, 06:35:12 PM

Well, he did do a pretty good job of describing God's divine plan as it is depicted in the Bible.  I guess whether it sounds mean or benevolent is left to one's perception.  I prefer not to think in terms of mean or benevolent.  I'll just say it sounds accurate.