News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Refugee Crisis

Started by stromboli, September 01, 2015, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Bottle

How very fkn nice of Cameron to announce that the uk would take 20.000 refugees over 5 years , what a great humanitarian he is, not.  he's not even taking any of the hundreds of thousands flooding into europe now but instead its those in camps in libya and iraq.
The govt at westmonster just doesnt care a fk and it's obvious to see, an it's not just the refugee crisis, the welfare state, the nhs, they want to privatise everything to reward the rich and the well-off, bonuses for the bankers who caused the mess in the 1st place and now there's thousands upon thousands having to rely on foodbanks to feed their families, it's fkn sickening how they treat people.   i hate the uk government, can you tell...?

rant over, i kept it short................. :wall:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Baruch

GB has much to rant about ... and Scotland ranting separatist-ly as well.  GB is all about Channel vs Chunnel.  But things are moving more in Scotland's direction.  So when is the old Queen going to be moved out and replaced with a proper Stuart?  Just kidding to our English friends!  But seriously, GB is closer to dystopia than even the US ... so I watch GB closely for future news.

Josephpalazzo ... not that I was not sympathetic for his loss ... but we don't even know what is going on now, let alone hundreds of years ago.

jonb ... we haven't moved into the end game, until we hire Chinese armies to protect us from the Chinese.  Or in your case, Muslim armies to protect you from other Muslims.  The end comes, when we stiff them ... they will not be amused, go all Gothic on us.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

We built this tunnel we call the Chunnel
so the tourists can come and see us
so look around and see the town
don't stay, we don't want you to be us

Spend pounds and pence and dollars and cents
but its an island, dontcha know
A Westminster picture or the queen for your sister
than ta ta, its time to go.

Refugees? Don't be silly, please
tourist dollars make us sound
Tents in Picadilly? Don't be silly!
That's where we put our foot down!

Its snobbery not knavery
We got an image to maintain
The lower class? O god! that's crass!
send them all to Spain!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on September 13, 2015, 11:01:47 AM

Josephpalazzo ... not that I was not sympathetic for his loss ... but we don't even know what is going on now, let alone hundreds of years ago.

Of course we are blind, helpless creatures against those who want us to believe in their salad. “Thinking can only serve to measure out the helplessness of thought.”

jonb

Quote from: Baruch on September 13, 2015, 11:01:47 AM
jonb ... we haven't moved into the end game, until we hire Chinese armies to protect us from the Chinese.  Or in your case, Muslim armies to protect you from other Muslims.  The end comes, when we stiff them ... they will not be amused, go all Gothic on us.

I am no patrician defending the gates, as a member of the underclass, true trailer trash, I am the Goth.

Munch

Quote from: Green Bottle on September 13, 2015, 07:42:35 AM
How very fkn nice of Cameron to announce that the uk would take 20.000 refugees over 5 years , what a great humanitarian he is, not.  he's not even taking any of the hundreds of thousands flooding into europe now but instead its those in camps in libya and iraq.
The govt at westmonster just doesnt care a fk and it's obvious to see, an it's not just the refugee crisis, the welfare state, the nhs, they want to privatise everything to reward the rich and the well-off, bonuses for the bankers who caused the mess in the 1st place and now there's thousands upon thousands having to rely on foodbanks to feed their families, it's fkn sickening how they treat people.   i hate the uk government, can you tell...?

rant over, i kept it short................. :wall:

Ordinarily I would agree with you, as a British liberal minded non voter, I hate the conservative party because its always going to be the party that represents that tight arsed british nationalism that is almost on par with redneck americans.

However, I can't agree with you on the immigration front, because though its a humanitarian crisis, the fact is the more immirants any country takes, the more problems come from it. People that leave countries like syria, iraq, africa and other third world regions, are going to bring with them a lot of problems. There is already examples of conflict in these countries because of migration and its growth, and the more a country takes on, the more it will grow.
The other problem comes from where that line is between what a politician is meant to care about more, migrants, or his own. For example, watch this video on the problem Sweden is currently facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw#t=203

When you are told you can't even talk about the negative impact of migration without being labeled a racist, or when politicians put more value in immigrants then their own countrymen, you develop a serious social problem in that country, one that can have major repercussions.

If Cameron took more and more migrants into the uk, it wouldn't solve troubles, it would just make things harder for the country in the long run. As someone said on another thread, the more people you pull in a country, and the more births those people have over the years, the growth just goes up, and up, and up, and taxes the country on resources, jobs, industry.

GB I know how much you love your land, I've been to scotland many times and think its a beautiful country, just like my own. I also believe in helping people. However on the case of this mass immigration, I would sadly stand with there being a block on how many a country can take, harsh as it might seem to stop people getting to a safe land, the fact is if that land taxes the people already living there the point of social and economic decline, then it doesn't benefit anyone, those born there or migrating to.

A politician has to be realistic about how many people they let into their country, because just like the man in the video said, the politicians in Sweden said they could accept 50-100k refugees into sweden, but there were no homes for them to live in, no jobs, anything for them. At least cameron is being realistic about what england can take, unlike Sweden.

I keep saying, the only method of resolving this current crisis isn't immigration, its tackling the problem in the lands these people come from, and trying to push stability into it, something the world leaders should be working towards.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Munch on September 13, 2015, 02:03:34 PM

I keep saying, the only method of resolving this current crisis isn't immigration, its tackling the problem in the lands these people come from, and trying to push stability into it, something the world leaders should be working towards.

Who is going to do that? Not the US, not Russia? The EU can't get its act together to solve the Greek crisis, let alone Syria. So who???

Munch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 13, 2015, 02:47:49 PM
Who is going to that? Not the US, not Russia? The EU can't get its act together to solve the Greek crisis, let alone Syria. So who???

its been pressed before about the US helping with this, since, lets be honest, the war on iraq just made things worse in this regard, and once saddam was taken out, the instability that followed has kept up.
Of course thats just iraq. Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Africa, its bad now because well there has been migration from some of these countries for years, its gotten worse in the last few years because of increased conflicts in those countries, brought about by things like Isis and other militant terrorist groups, pushing the crisis to unmanageable figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12FT7cOLaZ4

Europe is struggling with right now, and its just gonna we worse until something breaks. I think the thing they should focus on at least is tacking the terrorist groups in certain countries so people won't fear for their lives in those places. Of course thats easier said then done :S

Green Bottle

Quote from: stromboli on September 13, 2015, 11:36:08 AM
We built this tunnel we call the Chunnel
so the tourists can come and see us
so look around and see the town
don't stay, we don't want you to be us

Spend pounds and pence and dollars and cents
but its an island, dontcha know
A Westminster picture or the queen for your sister
than ta ta, its time to go.

Refugees? Don't be silly, please
tourist dollars make us sound
Tents in Picadilly? Don't be silly!
That's where we put our foot down!

Its snobbery not knavery
We got an image to maintain
The lower class? O god! that's crass!
send them all to Spain!

Nice one...

Munch, i get your point mate but what im trying to say is that compared to other european countries the uk is doing not much at all, i know what u mean about all the problems that can be caused by mass immigration but when the uk and the us are mostly responsible for the mess in the middle east they could do a lot more for these people, and stopping bombing their countries would be a start.
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Munch on September 13, 2015, 03:00:42 PM
its been pressed before about the US helping with this, since, lets be honest, the war on iraq just made things worse in this regard, and once saddam was taken out, the instability that followed has kept up.

I believe you've forgotten when Obama warning Assad not to cross the line or else, he got so much shit in the US that he had to back track. No one of any of the candidates, both Democratic and Republican, are whispering anything about going to fix Syria. It's not even on the American radar. So nix that.

Munch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 13, 2015, 05:01:13 PM
I believe you've forgotten when Obama warning Assad not to cross the line or else, he got so much shit in the US that he had to back track. No one of any of the candidates, both Democratic and Republican, are whispering anything about going to fix Syria. It's not even on the American radar. So nix that.

good point. Though obama was prepared to, hats off to him for that. I don't condone war, but theres going to be suffering in the coming years one way or another, either from starvation, resources, or just plain bloodshed.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Munch on September 13, 2015, 05:40:56 PM
good point. Though obama was prepared to, hats off to him for that. I don't condone war, but theres going to be suffering in the coming years one way or another, either from starvation, resources, or just plain bloodshed.

The estimation for refugees this year alone is 2 millions.  There's another 4 millions displaced in Syria, and this conflict will probably last for several years. So what we are witnessing right now is just the tip of the iceberg. So get ready.

Munch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 13, 2015, 05:45:09 PM
The estimation for refugees this year alone is 2 millions.  There's another 4 millions displaced in Syria, and this conflict will probably last for several years. So what we are witnessing right now is just the tip of the iceberg. So get ready.

I'm just thinking of whats going on in sweden right now, where they told them there was room for them, but in reality there wasn't, there is no place for them, no homes, no jobs and limited supplies, and its the people of sweden who are doing to pay for it when the government forces a tax or starts borrowing from other countries. No matter how good intentions are, when something is unsustainable, pulling more people into one life boat just means its more likely to sink.

TomFoolery

Realistically, the US needs to do more than just throw money at it, but a lot of gulf countries have done the same: just give money and hope the problem goes away. Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman the UAE and Saudi Arabia have largely wiped their hands of this, and Saudi Arabia and Qatar in particular funded rebel groups that have ousted al-Assad. I think all developed countries need to be doing something, but those countries in particular are quite wealthy and have a lot more in common with these refugees in that they speak Arabic and generally share religious and cultural values.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Munch

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 13, 2015, 06:05:44 PM
Realistically, the US needs to do more than just throw money at it, but a lot of gulf countries have done the same: just give money and hope the problem goes away. Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman the UAE and Saudi Arabia have largely wiped their hands of this, and Saudi Arabia and Qatar in particular funded rebel groups that have ousted al-Assad. I think all developed countries need to be doing something, but those countries in particular are quite wealthy and have a lot more in common with these refugees in that they speak Arabic and generally share religious and cultural values.

Problem is, with the rise of so many extremist groups, any money and resources sent is pocketed and taken by these groups under thread of death to the people needing it, so even throwing money at it doesn't help.