Women hitting men and getting hit back.

Started by doorknob, August 31, 2015, 04:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 31, 2015, 08:43:32 PM
It's never okay to hit a woman.  Let's go with that.  Followup question, is it ever okay to hit a man?

If the answer to that is anything other than no, you hold a sexist double standard.
qft

AllPurposeAtheist

I've meet plenty of women who deserve a good shot to the chops. I'm not big on hitting women as a rule, but go hang out in some of the places I've been and you'd want to hit them too. My brother had some bitch jump on his back trying to gauge his eyes out after her husband hit his car.  He had little choice but to knock the crap out of her.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Oh c'mon. every one here has seen a vid of some crazed ass loopy bitch swinging away. That, obviously is not the norm. But people get emotional, we all do. No man I know or have ever met would suggest that it is acceptable to go around punching women. But if a woman wants to take it upon herself to swing at a guy, I have no problem swinging back. In the end it is, of course, about circumstance. If I do or say something stupid, and some gal swings I will back away and keep backing. Hell, I know when I am wrong, we all do. But nobody gets a free pass, nobody.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: doorknob on August 31, 2015, 04:52:45 PM

OK I watched this video. Here's my thoughts

Ok the premise is a guy hit on this girl. She turned him down. the guy did not get the hint and harassed the girl. The girl threw a drink in his face. He hit the girl she hit back fight breaks out.

First I would like to note that getting a drink thrown in your face is not being assaulted in any sense. I've had drinks thrown in my face and I never reacted violently for it. So yeah guy shouldn't have hit the girl over that. Sorry but that's just how I see it.

Is it wrong for women to hit men? Absolutely.

If a man gets hit by a woman it's ok for him to hit her back?

HELL NO! There are many ways to deal with and defuse the situation and violence is not the correct responds. First of all you should walk away. If you are fallowed grab a by standard And Directly ask for help. If that still doesn't work call the police and press charges.

Men in most cases you are physically stronger than a woman. There's no way she can hit you with the same force that you can hit her.

Now I understand in some cases the woman might actually be stronger but those cases are rare. Even if that was the case it is no excuse to hit back. In which case you would probably lose any how. So still not a good solution.

NO EXCUSE to hit a woman no exceptions!
Sounds like one more really bad, and badly staged video, nothing that really happened and not worth the time watching.

But of course you can be convicted on assault charges when you intentionally throw a drink, hot coffee, or spit in somebody's face, not that filing charges are an appropriate use of police time when it follows a failed pickup attempt, and you've been following / stalking her, thereby putting her into self-defense mode. Hitting anyone under such conditions is stupid, and if you hit a woman because she threw a drink at you after already telling you to leave her alone, then you are an absolute freak who needs to be locked away. But this is the only scenario which you have presented, and it sure as hell doesn't cover all or "NO EXCEPTIONS"! As a matter of fact, there are plenty of women who are more than capable of putting many men on the ground, and many of these are not any bigger or smaller than said men. Not a rarity at all these days when there are numerous women who compete in sports, the martial arts, are capable of carrying out typical Hollywood backflip-by assaults while millions of men exist spending most of their time with their Playstations, their geekpads, their munchies, and their bongs. So if an uber-athletic chick who's dressed all in black, with Chinese throwing stars and nun-chuks comes backflipping into your pad and demands you hand over your expensive game console, you would probably be within your right to hit her, but still it's probably not a good idea because then she'll hit you back, and you probably won't enjoy it...mostly.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on August 31, 2015, 09:24:52 PM
Oh c'mon. every one here has seen a vid of some crazed ass loopy bitch swinging away. That, obviously is not the norm. But people get emotional, we all do. No man I know or have ever met would suggest that it is acceptable to go around punching women. But if a woman wants to take it upon herself to swing at a guy, I have no problem swinging back. In the end it is, of course, about circumstance. If I do or say something stupid, and some gal swings I will back away and keep backing. Hell, I know when I am wrong, we all do. But nobody gets a free pass, nobody.
I would go as far to say even if something careless or stupid is said, it still doesn't warrant physical violence... That is of course it's something intimidating to the point of making the person that it's being said feel like they are in danger.

Words don't warrant physical violence. Only a response to danger does.

doorknob

You can defend your self with out hitting any one. It's called blocking a punch.

Ok I will go back on it if she's using a weapon. If she's trying to kill you and using a weapon then by all means defend your self.

I see too many men though who don't just hit a woman back they beat the living bejesus out of them in return. In a fisticuffs there are ways to defend your self that don't involve hitting a woman let alone beat the living shit out of her.

I agree men shouldn't be hit for any reason and this needs to be taught and emphasized. Not give men a pass on beating women up.

I think it's too easy for a man to throw one punch and then let the rage set in and take over.

That is the main reason for my no tolerance policy.

peacewithoutgod

What you are talking about is not what normal men do, at least not in Western culture. Likewise, I hope that video is just an acted out scene, as most anything outrageous with any production quality usually is.

Quote from: doorknob on August 31, 2015, 09:53:23 PM
You can defend your self with out hitting any one. It's called blocking a punch.

Ok I will go back on it if she's using a weapon. If she's trying to kill you and using a weapon then by all means defend your self.

I see too many men though who don't just hit a woman back they beat the living bejesus out of them in return. In a fisticuffs there are ways to defend your self that don't involve hitting a woman let alone beat the living shit out of her.

I agree men shouldn't be hit for any reason and this needs to be taught and emphasized. Not give men a pass on beating women up.

I think it's too easy for a man to throw one punch and then let the rage set in and take over.

That is the main reason for my no tolerance policy.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

PickelledEggs

I appreciate that you at least agree that in the case of a role reversal, with a woman hitting a man, it's also wrong.

Just to nitpick though... Even if someone is only using their fists, you can only block so long. After a while a beating is a beating. You can still kill someone or at least severely injure someone with just your fists. Even when they are blocking.

Also. It doesn't matter how strong you are to a degree in the case of beating someone up. Knowing how to throw a punch/kick matters a lot more than how much muscle the puncher/kicker has.

aitm

Quote from: doorknob on August 31, 2015, 09:53:23 PM

I do not know who you hang around with, but I do not know now, or have ever known any man who would hit a women in a fit of rage, other than of course, the psychopaths.

Nobody I ever grew up with or have known in my life ever hit a woman in a fit of rage… I have, and I know a few men who have reacted at the moment, and justifiably so, but never went further into an "act of rage". I have had two separate instances where I have reacted… it is nothing to be proud of but nothing I am ashamed of either.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

dtq123

I hit people If they are stupid, simple as that.

I've slapped with no serious punishment;

My little brother, Dad, Mom, Two teachers, The principal, My Doctor, My therapist, A friend, My parents' friends, My grandparents' friends, My Parents' Friends' Teens, and countless angry strangers.

They were more like bitch slaps for when people do stupid stuff, and I don't care if people don't like me. The people around me lack common sense anyway.

For instance, my Dad took out the batteries for the remote and tried to use it, and got angry at me for not changing the batteries when I had just woken up and it was my dad who used the TV all night. Fucking idiot.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Gawdzilla Sama

I would never hit a lady.

Take care you don'the lose that status.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

There was a website -which I cannot find, removed?- about how girls are unconsciously or consciously conditioned to think that hitting males are OK from childhood, because physical strength and power is always associated with males. That they almost thend to think that they don't hurt, because they are 'stronger'. 

When boys grow up a little they start to be shaped into the bullshit norm of being 'tough' because they are boys, not to cry, not to express any emotions, esp. hurt and this is the result of; a reflection of that abuse. Yes, it is a collective form of abuse.

On the other hand, as females are seen inferior physically by males, girls learn that it is harmless to hit a boy, slap a man, while boys learn to see being hurt by a girl physically as a humiliating thing and they don't even learn to react to it reasonably. They either ignore or suppress it and break at some point.

Girls can cry out loud in public -or even women- express something done to them with emotional response. Free to express depression, feeling weak, vulnerable. Boys and men are NOT allowed to that. It's also the reasons why suicides are always higher in males.

The worst thing a father can say to his son is 'be a man' or 'take it like a man'. And it makes a big difference coming from the gender parent.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Solitary

If it is this Sweat little thing hit you with her fist, it's a no brainer, you won't hit back. I can see a lot of people have never lived on the streets, or been around really tuff sic. (correct spelling, look it up!) ass women that can kick your ass. I had a 5'5" girlfriend train in boxing by Mike Tyson and a martial art expert that became her boyfriend, that loved to fist fight bare handed and wrestle, that didn't ask for her rights, and just took them. There was a couple of grown men that pissed her off for very good reasons, and they hid when she came looking for them. We had a friendly fight and she gave me a black eye, she said she was sorry, and made up for it in bed, Whooeee! She could talk the walk, and then some. She loved animals more than most people, for very good reasons, starting when she was 10 years old.  Feminist could learn a lot from her about being themselves without all the drama and blaming men for everything.  :biggrin2: :popcorn:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Solitary on September 01, 2015, 09:02:09 AM
If it is this Sweat little thing hit you with her fist, it's a no brainer, you won't hit back. I can see a lot of people have never lived on the streets, or been around really tuff sic. (correct spelling, look it up!) ass women that can kick your ass. I had a 5'5" girlfriend train in boxing by Mike Tyson and a martial art expert that became her boyfriend, that loved to fist fight bare handed and wrestle, that didn't ask for her rights, and just took them. There was a couple of grown men that pissed her off for very good reasons, and they hid when she came looking for them. We had a friendly fight and she gave me a black eye, she said she was sorry, and made up for it in bed, Whooeee! She could talk the walk, and then some. She loved animals more than most people, for very good reasons, starting when she was 10 years old.  Feminist could learn a lot from her about being themselves without all the drama and blaming men for everything. :biggrin2: :popcorn:

This! Solitary you are a genius!  :biggrin:

We all should learn to beat up men and be 'tough' so they would respect us. Why are we even trying to talk with them like humans?

I have a better idea, why don't we make fire arm training mandatory for all girls/women starting from the age 10? If a man does something wrong to us, we'll shoot him in the leg or somewhere suitable and he'll learn to respect us as the fucking animal he is.

Don't worry if they start to drop dead like flies, it's just the colleteral to get the the men respect women.  Well, civilisation has its price after all.

Well done!

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Youssuf Ramadan

I only hit a girl once, over 20 years ago at a party.  She tried to smash a bottle in my face, I blocked it and jabbed her in the face and she went down.  I'd rather not have had to do that at all, but I have no real regrets.  She traded in her rights as soon as she tried to maim me for life.  I'm not going to treat her that differently just because she has different genitals to me.

There's not much point trying to establish one overreaching rule when many situations are different.

Quote from: TomFoolery on August 31, 2015, 05:50:06 PM
It's a shame the Vulcan nerve pinch isn't actually a thing.

Try studying Dim Mak. There's some seriously nasty nerve holds in that system.