What Do Replican Politicians Really know?

Started by Solitary, August 21, 2015, 05:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Is "replican politicians" a typo or a new insulting name, because it sparks some vivid imagery.

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

I'll give them that Obama is an actual US citizen (le duh), Sarah Palin wasn't a good running mate (the McCain aides were definitely not fans of hers), Global Warming is real (there was actually a poll that showed that a slim majority of conservatives think that global warming is real), and Fox News is full of shit (I mean, just look at this, jeez.  Glenn Beck in particular is the kind of guy that I think people sorta know is off his rocker.)

However, I very much doubt they're secretly aware of the rest of the list.  Especially Obamacare, tax cuts, Bengazi, and the NRA.  I think they actually do believe their rhetoric there.  And no, they don't secretly think Hillary would do well as prez.  Republicans don't actually know how she'd do.  Neither do democrats.  No one knows that sort of stuff ahead of time.  If I could tell you how Presidencies would turn out ahead of time, I would be a very rich man.

widdershins

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 22, 2015, 03:25:26 AM
I'll give them that Obama is an actual US citizen (le duh), Sarah Palin wasn't a good running mate (the McCain aides were definitely not fans of hers), Global Warming is real (there was actually a poll that showed that a slim majority of conservatives think that global warming is real), and Fox News is full of shit (I mean, just look at this, jeez.  Glenn Beck in particular is the kind of guy that I think people sorta know is off his rocker.)

However, I very much doubt they're secretly aware of the rest of the list.  Especially Obamacare, tax cuts, Bengazi, and the NRA.  I think they actually do believe their rhetoric there.  And no, they don't secretly think Hillary would do well as prez.  Republicans don't actually know how she'd do.  Neither do democrats.  No one knows that sort of stuff ahead of time.  If I could tell you how Presidencies would turn out ahead of time, I would be a very rich man.

I think we can make a pretty good guess how she'd do.  She did all right the last time she ran the White House, after all.
This sentence is a lie...

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 22, 2015, 03:25:26 AM
Glenn Beck in particular is the kind of guy that I think people sorta know is off his rocker.)

I made this assumption about my neighbor, and was surprised when she took offense when I laughed about what an idiot he is.  Maybe, she kind of knew he was off his rocker, but didn't like to think about it too much.  I don't know.  I didn't want to pursue that conversation any further.  But the thing is, even if you are a conservative who sorta knows Glen Beck is off his rocker, you give him a pass, because you know he will resonate with a lot of your friends who are very definitely off their rockers.  So you see Glen as doing something worthwhile, and that's all that really counts.   :biggrin:

AllPurposeAtheist

They know enough to invest in aluminum foil stocks. Aluminum foil makes great hats.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

I don't think they bother to 'know' or 'understand' anything. At least not the way we understand. They are not needed.

The politicians you define as 'republicans' are found in every country, under every regime in various different shades.

The idea is just get a good business and money so get on to the road to be supported and picked up and in return memorise the speech and how to behave that has been designed for you. Of course, it helps that if you are from a certain race and gender, with a certain back ground...etc. Even with a certain kind of facial features.

For example, if you are endorsing a political candidate out of the traditional norm of 'white male', you face strong problems.

It's just marketed product according to the dominant political tendencies, from what they wear to their spouses and how they smile.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp