Today is both womans day for equality and national dog day

Started by Summertimeyeah, August 26, 2015, 08:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

oh fine!  99.9999999999999999999999999 of women can get pregnant whereas
.000000000000000000001  of men can get pregnant. Happy?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: aitm on August 28, 2015, 08:28:00 PM
oh fine!  99.9999999999999999999999999 of women can get pregnant whereas
.000000000000000000001  of men can get pregnant. Happy?

Pancake cat agrees!

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

Quote from: Munch on August 28, 2015, 08:54:43 PM
Pancake cat agrees!

You know….yer really getting to be kinda demanding……we have a way of dealing with bitches people like you.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: aitm on August 28, 2015, 09:00:07 PM
You know….yer really getting to be kinda demanding……we have a way of dealing with bitches people like you.

But I'm sharing the pancakes out :S
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

Quote from: TomFoolery on August 28, 2015, 03:52:50 PM
Yes, we are all sexual beings, as opposed to asexual ones.

But as for women not wanting to be treated like sex objects, that seems pretty reasonable. I don't walk around telling men I want to fuck them. I don't grope men on public transportation. I don't follow them in parking garages out of keen sexual interest. I don't think I am entitled to touch or comment on men's bodies if they are wearing tight or revealing clothing. Not treating anyone like a sex object is actually pretty easy.
Just because women, or men are sex objects, doesn't mean they should be sexually assaulted, and don't take what I say as meaning that. I never said they should be treated as sex objects have I? But to deny men and women are is naïve and ridiculous, especially when men and women both make themselves as attractive as they can.  There was a movie when I was younger that was called Town Without Pity that was about a very young girl gang rapped by soldiers. The lawyer said she had it coming because she was dressed in a Bikini. She was obviously a sex object, but to think she had it coming because she was is not my belief, and anyone that thinks it is, is as sick as those that do. I can't believe what I have said about women in general is taken totally out of context to mean I think women should be raped and sexually assaulted. 
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solitary

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on August 28, 2015, 05:30:37 PM
I am not an object. I am a person. Do you understand that? If you think this is me being hostile, then you have not seen nothing yet I can go all hostile if this is some sort of request but this isn't me being hostile...yet. So let me repeat this FACT one more time..I am not an object, I am a person.
So you are not sexually attractive as an object, just as a human being, I would get that if you were not so unattractive as a woman with an agenda to take everything I post out of context. Just because you are a sex object doesn't mean you are not a person, and shouldn't be treated as one. I have made this perfectly clear in my posts, but you want to stay on your higher than mighty platform of hostility toward me. I have no idea who you are or what you look like, but I have a feeling you definitely are not a sex object to me. Happy now?
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Baruch

My impression of women, is that more than men, they have a Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde relationship with sexuality.  They want to be attractive, and free of the consequences, simultaneously.  For men, we might want to be rich, yet free of gold-diggers at the same time ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on August 28, 2015, 05:05:14 PM
And I highly doubt you are a man either. At least a real man.

Now after all that you wrote, and I agree with you, that statement comes from pretty much the same place with the sexist understanding you are going against.

What does 'a real man' mean?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on August 29, 2015, 11:43:59 AM
My impression of women, is that more than men, they have a Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde relationship with sexuality.  They want to be attractive, and free of the consequences, simultaneously.  For men, we might want to be rich, yet free of gold-diggers at the same time ;-)
What "consequences" are you talking about?
What women grow up up with is mixed messages. Our value is in our appearance and sex appeal (rather than our intellect) but if we actually HAVE sex we are sluts. If we use our brain or are assertive, we are unattractive or intimidating or emasculating (Reference: The "Hillary Clinton Nutcracker" which actually iexists). If we point this out, we're man-hating feminists.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mermaid on August 29, 2015, 12:16:27 PM
What "consequences" are you talking about?
What women grow up up with is mixed messages. Our value is in our appearance and sex appeal (rather than our intellect) but if we actually HAVE sex we are sluts. If we use our brain or are assertive, we are unattractive or intimidating or emasculating (Reference: The "Hillary Clinton Nutcracker" which actually iexists). If we point this out, we're man-hating feminists.
I guess I've been lucky in this area.  My grandfather pointed out to me when I was young (and kept pointing it out) that women have been given the raw end of the stick.  He clearly meant that women were treated unfairly.  That wast the first time I remember thinking about it.  But the older I became, the more I realized that he was right.  And he still is.  Our societies (of the current world) teach us that males do things this way and girls do it that way.  And that men's values and efforts are superior to the values and efforts of women; that's just natural.  This idea/ideal will take a long time to die, just as racism will take a long time to die.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Not every woman is a queen, but all women want to be.  Not every man is a king, but all men want to be.  We know that the Elite are mostly free from consequences, which is to say they are irresponsible ... and the peasants pay for it instead.

And of course, there are many messages in life.  And everyone is part masculine and part feminine ... but for most of us one trait is dominant over another, and our external bodies show one or the other.  There are many levels and channels of positive and negative feedback.  But babies mostly develop into adults, and as adults we keep developing.  Mermaid ... you are illustrating some of these complexities.  My daughter faces the same, and handicapped status also.

It takes a strong man to deal well with a strong woman ... but most men are not strong.  My wife was valedictorian of her HS class ... and valedictorian of her seminary (MA level) class.  And I never once thought less of her, I was proud of her.  And I was devoted to her no matter what she looked like.  Problems came from a different direction.  But really, do you really want the respect of a dull-witted whiskey drinking cowboy ... for your brains?  If you have brains, why are you dating/married to that kind of man?  Get the respect of a man who is worthy of you ... and forget the rest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on August 29, 2015, 02:20:45 PM
Not every woman is a queen, but all women want to be.  Not every man is a king, but all men want to be.  We know that the Elite are mostly free from consequences, which is to say they are irresponsible ... and the peasants pay for it instead.

And of course, there are many messages in life.  And everyone is part masculine and part feminine ... but for most of us one trait is dominant over another, and our external bodies show one or the other.  There are many levels and channels of positive and negative feedback.  But babies mostly develop into adults, and as adults we keep developing.  Mermaid ... you are illustrating some of these complexities.  My daughter faces the same, and handicapped status also.

It takes a strong man to deal well with a strong woman ... but most men are not strong.  My wife was valedictorian of her HS class ... and valedictorian of her seminary (MA level) class.  And I never once thought less of her, I was proud of her.  And I was devoted to her no matter what she looked like.  Problems came from a different direction.  But really, do you really want the respect of a dull-witted whiskey drinking cowboy ... for your brains?  If you have brains, why are you dating/married to that kind of man?  Get the respect of a man who is worthy of you ... and forget the rest.
Um. What?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

CrucifyCindy

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 29, 2015, 11:55:12 AM
Now after all that you wrote, and I agree with you, that statement comes from pretty much the same place with the sexist understanding you are going against.

What does 'a real man' mean?

I see a real man as one who refuses to equate a woman as a bitch. Do you want to double down on this?
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن اÙ,,صباح - Ù,,يس هناك Ù...ا هو صحيح ØŒ ÙƒÙ,, شيء Ù...سÙ...وح به