Today is both womans day for equality and national dog day

Started by Summertimeyeah, August 26, 2015, 08:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: TomFoolery on August 26, 2015, 10:09:18 PM
I actually do care, and I'm not ignorant of the struggle. Just sayin'.

Younger women seem to be oblivious of the "struggle" their mothers and grandmothers went through. They just assume that they have the same rights as men and don't even understand the ramifications of letting even one law pass that restricts their right to their own body. I am tired of fighting for them. You gals are on your own, educate them girls.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Quote from: TomFoolery on August 26, 2015, 09:19:06 PM
And it's also National Catfish Month, but whatever. I've never understood the need to pass resolutions to honor everything from lobsters to secretaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Catfish? As in the little creature that lurks around on the bottom of lakes? or the kind that you thought was a girl in the states that needed money, but it turned out to be some guy in Nigeria just scamming you?

Baruch

Interesting coincidence?  Maybe politicians who decide these things, have a sick sense of humor?  It would have been better to combine National Cat Day with Women's Equality Day ... and National Dog Day with Men's Asshole Day ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

These national days seem more a means of selling things then anything else, gift card companies and increased sales, which isn't a bad thing, but not something I consider worth going out for. The exceptions are pancake day, because pancakes are awesome, april fools because trying to think of creative ways to mess with peoples heads is fun, oktoberfest, because trying new styles of beer is always fun, and any national holiday that gives me a long weekend.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

CrucifyCindy

Quote from: aitm on August 27, 2015, 08:26:09 PM
Younger women seem to be oblivious of the "struggle" their mothers and grandmothers went through. They just assume that they have the same rights as men and don't even understand the ramifications of letting even one law pass that restricts their right to their own body. I am tired of fighting for them. You gals are on your own, educate them girls.

And most young men are oblivious to the injustices that young men face such as having to sign up for the draft or the courts being biased against them in regards to child custody. So I guess this makes us even. Go forth and educate those boys...
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن اÙ,,صباح - Ù,,يس هناك Ù...ا هو صحيح ØŒ ÙƒÙ,, شيء Ù...سÙ...وح به

Solitary

Why do people have to fight to be treated as a human being, man or woman? If women were treated with the same rights as me, or vice versa, would it even be a problem?  My objection to feminist is their idea that somehow they are not sex objects, when it is quite obvious we all are if attractive enough. I don't like strident male authority, nor strident female authority. And for the life of me I will never understand woman or men that want to be in the military and be basically under another ones control to be put in harms way accept to actually protect us from a military invasion taking place. If people want to do this, all the power to them, but to think it has to be forced on people by inscription amounts to slavery to me, no matter what lawyers say about it. Why do people like to be controlled by authority for any reason? Are people so afraid of being themselves they have to join a group to feel whole? Why does society resent individuality so much, and hate anyone different than the status quo? I have been in minority groups that were so prejudice it was unbelievable considering they were minorities too. Why can't we just embrace each other as human beings without all the fucking labels?  I'm this, I'm that, I'm better than you because I belong to a group.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

CrucifyCindy

Quote from: Solitary on August 28, 2015, 01:14:40 PM
Why do people have to fight to be treated as a human being, man or woman? If women were treated with the same rights as me, or vice versa, would it even be a problem?  My objection to feminist is their idea that somehow they are not sex objects, when it is quite obvious we all are if attractive enough. I don't like strident male authority, nor strident female authority. And for the life of me I will never understand woman or men that want to be in the military and be basically under another ones control to be put in harms way accept to actually protect us from a military invasion taking place. If people want to do this, all the power to them, but to think it has to be forced on people by inscription amounts to slavery to me, no matter what lawyers say about it. Why do people like to be controlled by authority for any reason? Are people so afraid of being themselves they have to join a group to feel whole? Why does society resent individuality so much, and hate anyone different than the status quo? I have been in minority groups that were so prejudice it was unbelievable considering they were minorities too. Why can't we just embrace each other as human beings without all the fucking labels?  I'm this, I'm that, I'm better than you because I belong to a group.

Well I think you should be informed about something called the real world. In this real world there is such a thing as gender inequality not only is there gender inequality there is a thing called racial inequality...yes that exists too and then there is economic inequality...can you believe that? These things actually exist in something we call the real world. And as for women being view as sex or any other objects...well that is just fucking sick and hypocritical of you.
 William S. Burroughs

TomFoolery

Quote from: Solitary on August 28, 2015, 01:14:40 PM
My objection to feminist is their idea that somehow they are not sex objects, when it is quite obvious we all are if attractive enough.

Yes, we are all sexual beings, as opposed to asexual ones.

But as for women not wanting to be treated like sex objects, that seems pretty reasonable. I don't walk around telling men I want to fuck them. I don't grope men on public transportation. I don't follow them in parking garages out of keen sexual interest. I don't think I am entitled to touch or comment on men's bodies if they are wearing tight or revealing clothing. Not treating anyone like a sex object is actually pretty easy.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Solitary

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on August 28, 2015, 03:43:17 PM
Well I think you should be informed about something called the real world. In this real world there is such a thing as gender inequality not only is there gender inequality there is a thing called racial inequality...yes that exists too and then there is economic inequality...can you believe that? These things actually exist in something we call the real world. And as for women being view as sex or any other objects...well that is just fucking sick and hypocritical of you.
And how does that pertain to what I wrote? I know very well there is a real world I live in. But if you think women and women are not sex objects, you are living in a world od denial of reality, because like it or not, we are, even if we like the same sex! How is thinking women, or men, are to have sex with is sick with men or women as consenting adults?  How am I being hypocritical because I support equality among the sexes, but think sex is OK between either sex as adults? I've had men and women come on to me when younger and refused to have sex with them, not because they are men or woman, but because I didn't like them or were attracted to them. I even had a five year affair with a woman who was suppose to be gay, and was very androgynous. And yes, she was, and I was, a sex object and nothing more, until we fell in love, and she got mad at me for being unfaithful to my wife and never saw me again. Where are you coming from with your hostility toward me?   
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

CrucifyCindy

Quote from: Summertimeyeah on August 27, 2015, 06:31:07 AM
I not a dog owner nor am I woman, haha.

And I highly doubt you are a man either. At least a real man.
 William S. Burroughs

CrucifyCindy

Quote from: Solitary on August 28, 2015, 05:04:57 PM
And how does that pertain to what I wrote? I know very well there is a real world I live in. But if you think women and women are not sex objects, you are living in a world od denial of reality, because like it or not, we are, even if we like the same sex! How is thinking women, or men, are to have sex with is sick with men or women as consenting adults?  How am I being hypocritical because I support equality among the sexes, but think sex is OK between either sex as adults? I've had men and women come on to me when younger and refused to have sex with them, not because they are men or woman, but because I didn't like them or were attracted to them. I even had a five year affair with a woman who was suppose to be gay, and was very androgynous. And yes, she was, and I was, a sex object and nothing more, until we fell in love, and she got mad at me for being unfaithful to my wife and never saw me again. Where are you coming from with your hostility toward me?

I am not an object. I am a person. Do you understand that? If you think this is me being hostile, then you have not seen nothing yet I can go all hostile if this is some sort of request but this isn't me being hostile...yet. So let me repeat this FACT one more time..I am not an object, I am a person.
 William S. Burroughs

CrucifyCindy

Quote from: Solitary on August 28, 2015, 05:04:57 PM

I want to know another thing what makes you think that just because ONE woman wanted you to treat her like an object mean that ALL women want the same thing? Does that mean just because one man wanted me to treat him like an asshole that I should treat all men as assholes? Seriously.
 William S. Burroughs

aitm

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on August 28, 2015, 12:52:44 PM
And most young men are oblivious to the injustices that young men face such as having to sign up for the draft or the courts being biased against them in regards to child custody. So I guess this makes us even. Go forth and educate those boys...
absolutely, everyone knows that 0% of men get pregnant….and that people are waiting outside the non-existent "male's pregnancy clinic" waving signs at them and screaming insults at them in the hope that those men will go and give up their nonexistent infant to a couple that doesn't actually exist either…..or that the government is actually trying to force them to bear their non-exitstent children so that they will have to raise those non-existent children to their 18 b-day…..sure…sounds about right. Oh yeah, on the other side the guvment demands men to register for the draft…oh my…..that is indeed the equivalent ..such a quandary…
If you fuck it and get it pregnant..guess what? You're a daddy! WHoo-hooo!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on August 28, 2015, 08:00:55 PM
absolutely, everyone knows that 0% of men get pregnant
You've obviously never seen The Cosby Show.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin