I like big butts and i cannot lie

Started by Summertimeyeah, August 24, 2015, 11:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

I came for asses

Son...I am disapoint 
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GSOgymrat

If someone believes in more than one god does that implicitly mean each god is not all powerful?

More to the point, can god create a butt so big that even she can't shake it? How many butts can god fit on the head of a pin? How many pins can god fit on a butt?

I'm in an odd mood today and should probably stay out of the Philosophy forum.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

stromboli

jonb

So is your god  Sachin-Ramesh-Tendulkar then?

Did i guess right, can I claim £5 ?

(Oh dear the post was removed, shame.)

stromboli

No, but I got hit on by a drunk gay guy in a bar once that looked just like him.

Baruch

Well I enjoyed all the posted humor here today ;-)  And while I am more of a "boob" guy, I can appreciate some ample but not gross curvature in the mid-sections.

"Anything that is quantifiable or understandable is not divine"  ... I don't support a god of the gaps, nor a Greek metaphysical god (with all those crazy superlatives).  My G-d is rather disappointingly imperfect.  But if you go with the Greek metaphysics, then you get tangled in the Ontological Arguments ... snore.  Empiricism trumps rationalism anytime.  Whether the world makes sense or not, simply isn't important to me .. and in my empirical view, it doesn't make sense.  I think the view is called anti-realism ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-realism

But I am not a nihilist ... nor a Nihi-list.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Termin

Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Summertimeyeah

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2015, 07:08:07 PM
Well I enjoyed all the posted humor here today ;-)  And while I am more of a "boob" guy, I can appreciate some ample but not gross curvature in the mid-sections.

"Anything that is quantifiable or understandable is not divine"  ... I don't support a god of the gaps, nor a Greek metaphysical god (with all those crazy superlatives).  My G-d is rather disappointingly imperfect.  But if you go with the Greek metaphysics, then you get tangled in the Ontological Arguments ... snore.  Empiricism trumps rationalism anytime.  Whether the world makes sense or not, simply isn't important to me .. and in my empirical view, it doesn't make sense.  I think the view is called anti-realism ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-realism

But I am not a nihilist ... nor a Nihi-list.

If you believe that god in not perfect than he's not god.

Summertimeyeah

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 24, 2015, 03:03:16 PM
If someone believes in more than one god does that implicitly mean each god is not all powerful?

More to the point, can god create a butt so big that even she can't shake it? How many butts can god fit on the head of a pin? How many pins can god fit on a butt?

I'm in an odd mood today and should probably stay out of the Philosophy forum.

I really don't know what you mean by all powerful. Any god to you would probably look as "all powerful".

Baruch

Perfect/imperfect for most people is a gambit.  The religious use "perfect" in a positive way to attack their opponents, and defend their inconsistent views (given reality doesn't conform to it).  But the non-religious use "perfect" in a negative way ... since they empirically know that things are imperfect, and treat the theological (not empirical) G-d as reductio ad absurdum.

So empirically ... I have to reject your perfect straw man ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.