I like big butts and i cannot lie

Started by Summertimeyeah, August 24, 2015, 11:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Summertimeyeah

1) there is a god
2) he is not all powerful
3) if there Is a god and he is not all powerful then he is not god.......wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

so wrong

TomFoolery

Quote from: Summertimeyeah on August 24, 2015, 11:01:52 AM
1) there is a god
Ok.

Quote from: Summertimeyeah on August 24, 2015, 11:01:52 AM2) he is not all powerful
Agreed.

Quote from: Summertimeyeah on August 24, 2015, 11:01:52 AM3) if there Is a god and he is not all powerful then he is not god.......wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

so wrong
How so? How did you come to understand that you are, in fact, right?
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Summertimeyeah

Because If your notion is that "If there is a god he has to be all powerful" is wrong

TomFoolery

Quote from: Summertimeyeah on August 24, 2015, 11:36:33 AM
Because If your notion is that "If there is a god he has to be all powerful" is wrong

And I am asking you what is wrong about it?

Or perhaps to clarify, why is the statement "If there is a God, he does not have to be all-powerful" is right?
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

stromboli

God:

Quote1
capitalized :  the supreme or ultimate reality: as
a :  the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science :  the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit :  infinite Mind
:  a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically :  one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
:  a person or thing of supreme value

Consider that everything we ascribe to as knowledge and all our learning do not equal all that a god knows or can know. Essentially being beyond our ability to quantify in any human terms (supernatural)

Anything that is quantifiable or understandable is not divine. If your god by description is not perfect- which would make it in some sense quantifiable- it is not a god.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

jonb

When shouting about what a god is or is not, is this thread only about Abrahamic notions of what a god is?

stromboli

If you want to go all Hindu on us, feel free. My fave is Kali-Ma.

stromboli

@aitm
@pickeled

What is this  :popcorn: shit? Cowards.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Summertimeyeah on August 24, 2015, 11:01:52 AM
1) there is a god
2) he is not all powerful
3) if there Is a god and he is not all powerful then he is not god.......wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

so wrong
The main thing that is wrong with this post is you.  Your three points don't make any sense.  What are your definitions for the key words.  You listed 10 things as being wrong.  Maybe you could stoop so low as to explain what it is you are saying?  Do you have a point?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

I don't know what the OP meant, and not
Quote from: stromboli on August 24, 2015, 01:24:32 PM
@aitm
@pickeled

What is this  :popcorn: shit? Cowards.

I don't know what the OP meant and doubt he/she/it knows either..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

I'm disappointed by the lack of big butts on this thread
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on August 24, 2015, 01:34:39 PM
I don't know what the OP meant, and not
I don't know what the OP meant and doubt he/she/it knows either..

Aw come on, Big Dog. Take a stab.  :lol:

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on August 24, 2015, 01:50:47 PM
Aw come on, Big Dog. Take a stab.  :lol:
Eh. Just do a "report to moderator" if things get out of hand/things become even more blatantly obvious...  Lol

Sent from your mom.