News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

You worship THAT?!

Started by 1liesalot, August 23, 2015, 07:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Termin

Quote from: 1liesalot on August 23, 2015, 07:04:48 PM
If the God of the Torah or the Bible or the Koran truly existed, could you bring yourself to worship Him with a straight face?  Not me. Not even if I tried my hardest.

Well as we learned from the story of Lot, God is a real pushover when it comes to negotiations, so maybe something can be worked out :)
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Munch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 26, 2015, 07:56:05 PM
Munch, that avatar is much better! No more *jerk* *jerk* *jerk* ... well, maybe there is, but I can't see it. :D
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

doorknob

I think this topic was touched upon before.

No I would not worship Yahweh. He is not worthy of it.

NakedTracyBlack

I'd probably be a Satanist, because he seems like a nicer guy.

What if the Abrahamic God is actually Satan, and Satan has fooled all these people into worshiping him?  I mean Satan is supposed to be the bad guy.

If God is real, I don't see it being the Abrahamic God.  Honestly I think God would be a woman, and therefore a Goddess, and I think she wouldn't care how people lived their life as long as they didn't hurt people. 

Munch

Norse gods are greek gods are just so much more fun and well written characters then any of this Abrahamic crap. You could literally find a good for anything from those past civilizations, meaning you had someone to represented you better. But still, much like how i wouldn't want to give my life over to a mafia boss, I wouldn't want to bow down to any god. I think of that scene in the avengers where the old man refuses to bow to loki.

I know that was a metaphor for how he refused to bow to hitler, no exactly subtle, but I think of it in context to bowing to anyone is wrong.

doorknob

I would worship the anime god! and that's about it.

Munch

Quote from: doorknob on August 31, 2015, 11:27:22 AM
I would worship the anime god! and that's about it.

I'd 'worship' this version of Thor.

Baruch

NakedTracyBlack ... well if there is G-d and Satan ... then that is two gods ... but don't tell the monotheists that they are arithmetically challenged.  If one chooses to be a monotheist, then G-d and Satan have to be the same person, a Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde personality at that.  My own personal (non scriptural) impressions of G-d ... lean toward Kali-Ma ... but Kali-Ma isn't passive, she is a demon destroyer like Buffy Vampire Slayer ;-)

Munch - Emperor Constantine would be very unhappy if you didn't bow.  Modified emperor worship is so out of style.  But worship of perfect male/female physical specimens ... is very Greco-Roman.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2015, 12:49:04 PM

Munch - Emperor Constantine would be very unhappy if you didn't bow.  Modified emperor worship is so out of style.  But worship of perfect male/female physical specimens ... is very Greco-Roman.

My argument with the emperor would be I wouldn't bow to his reincarnation so I wouldn't bow to him.

Oh Constantine? yeah I could get on one knee for him.