Think religious people don't want in your business?

Started by A Sea of Red, August 27, 2015, 12:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Sea of Red

For a long time (since 2008) I've been on a website called TheologyWeb. The site is basically a conservative christian echo-chamber that is beyond talking to. The reason I've been on so much? I was apart of the "atheist community" for a long time - including some time on here -  but got tired of no competition or challenge in debate. So I began posting on Tweb off and on since about 2012.

I strongly recommend you not to register on the site and attempt to debate these people - most of you won't be able to handle this fucking mess. They are beyond talking to, don't allow you to be offensive, and overall are frustrating to converse with. I managed to stick it out and learned a lot about apologetics from the experience, but now I don't have the patience to deal with this shit anymore - I know where it leads. An old user on here named Joe tried to talk to these people and he ended up hating the experience.

I promised myself not to talk anymore but I broke my promise for one last time after I saw a user that I've known a long time taking some shit.

WARNING: THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT ALL THERE.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?8077-Prager-University-on-Abortion&p=235733#post235733

GSOgymrat

I can't imagine a more tedious waste of time, but then I have no interest in religion and I don't enjoy debate. The only website I can think of that I would be less inclined to visit is one where people are talking about sports... OMG to be stuck in a room with people talking sports would be the worst!

stromboli

I spend time on ex-Mormon websites and get feedback from Mormon forums. That is wacky enough for me.

Baruch

Knife meet hone.   Actually GSOgymrat .. most theoretical physics, and all academics ... is just like your computer game example ... just with math.  We have universities, so that the geeks can be isolated from the rest of society ;-)  A website like theology web.com isn't going to be into coloring outside the lines ... the whole point of theology is to color within the lines.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Solitary

What's not to like in sports---it brings out the worst in people?
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Solitary on August 27, 2015, 10:08:10 AM
What's not to like in sports---it brings out the worst in people?

It is just something I have no interest in, like tax law or stamp collecting. The problem with sports is people assume you are interested and informed. I'll be in the locker room and a stranger will say to me "Hey, can you believe Johnson blew that play last night?" and I'm in the awkward position of not knowing who Johnson is, what team he is on or even what sport this guy is talking about. I do make an effort when it is super bowl time to know which teams are playing but otherwise I can't be bothered.

Mike Cl

Quote from: A Sea of Red on August 27, 2015, 12:42:57 AM
For a long time (since 2008) I've been on a website called TheologyWeb. The site is basically a conservative christian echo-chamber that is beyond talking to. The reason I've been on so much? I was apart of the "atheist community" for a long time - including some time on here -  but got tired of no competition or challenge in debate. So I began posting on Tweb off and on since about 2012.

I strongly recommend you not to register on the site and attempt to debate these people - most of you won't be able to handle this fucking mess. They are beyond talking to, don't allow you to be offensive, and overall are frustrating to converse with. I managed to stick it out and learned a lot about apologetics from the experience, but now I don't have the patience to deal with this shit anymore - I know where it leads. An old user on here named Joe tried to talk to these people and he ended up hating the experience.

I promised myself not to talk anymore but I broke my promise for one last time after I saw a user that I've known a long time taking some shit.

WARNING: THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT ALL THERE.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?8077-Prager-University-on-Abortion&p=235733#post235733
That is why I describe these people (fundies of any kind) as insane.  That is what they are.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

AllPurposeAtheist

I've really got about as much interest in debating theists as I do in standing in a portopotty on a hot day with a fat guy debating whether it stinks or not ..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 27, 2015, 01:23:21 AM
I can't imagine a more tedious waste of time, but then I have no interest in religion and I don't enjoy debate. The only website I can think of that I would be less inclined to visit is one where people are talking about sports... OMG to be stuck in a room with people talking sports would be the worst!

I've been in situations where several elderly women, grandmothers, talked for several hours about their grandchildren. You can't know how much I wanted to learn some Vulcan nerve pinch and knock myself out.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

doorknob

I'm not sure I understand why you joined that train wreck or why you subject your self to that type of punishment.

Unless like me you just like to stir up shit AKA troll and flame.

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 27, 2015, 10:51:02 AM
It is just something I have no interest in, like tax law or stamp collecting. The problem with sports is people assume you are interested and informed. I'll be in the locker room and a stranger will say to me "Hey, can you believe Johnson blew that play last night?" and I'm in the awkward position of not knowing who Johnson is, what team he is on or even what sport this guy is talking about. I do make an effort when it is super bowl time to know which teams are playing but otherwise I can't be bothered.

I have no interest in watching sports either. 

Solitary

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 27, 2015, 03:25:26 PM
I've really got about as much interest in debating theists as I do in standing in a portopotty on a hot day with a fat guy debating whether it stinks or not ..
Damned you APA for making me have to clean my monitor again. Now just stop it!  He! He!

Solitary

Quote from: doorknob on August 30, 2015, 07:03:19 PM
I'm not sure I understand why you joined that train wreck or why you subject your self to that type of punishment.

Quote from: doorknob on August 30, 2015, 07:03:19 PM

OK, just quit trying to take my job away, as so many here think I'm trying to do by being honest with my thoughts.