News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

You worship THAT?!

Started by 1liesalot, August 23, 2015, 07:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1liesalot

If the God of the Torah or the Bible or the Koran truly existed, could you bring yourself to worship Him with a straight face?  Not me. Not even if I tried my hardest.

Munch

I feel myself drawing back to the stephen fry interview video, but sparing that basically as he said, why should I want to worship a spineless, intolerant, cruel and stupid god, that looks down from his ivory tower judging our actions on something he himself created like a child with a playset.

This is why its so easy to debunk everything the bible says, because its written from the minds of tribesmen whos view of the world was limited at best and there imagination for their made up deity was lacking any creativity. At least the norse and greek patheons were interesting characters.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

1liesalot

Quote from: Munch on August 23, 2015, 07:12:56 PM
I feel myself drawing back to the stephen fry interview video, but sparing that basically as he said, why should I want to worship a spineless, intolerant, cruel and stupid god, that looks down from his ivory tower judging our actions on something he himself created like a child with a playset.

This is why its so easy to debunk everything the bible says, because its written from the minds of tribesmen whos view of the world was limited at best and there imagination for their made up deity was lacking any creativity. At least the norse and greek patheons were interesting characters.

And spoken with such passion and indignation. It is exactly how I feel.

Baruch

1liesalot - I agree, and I am Jewish!

Munch ... you are a Loki fan, am I right?  I would have to vote for Thor ... and not just because of the recent movies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Munch on August 23, 2015, 07:12:56 PM

Completely unrelated, but why does the guy in your avatar have boobs? I know they're supposed to be his pecs, but they're so huge it looks like he has a G-cup rack.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Hijiri ... moobs, not boobs.

Generally speaking ... I don't believe in worship anyway.  This is related to the Indic yoga category of Bhakti Yoga ... I don't do that.  I relate to Jnana Yoga or Raja Yoga.  Clearly Munch would appreciate Hatha Yoga.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 26, 2015, 11:57:17 AM
Completely unrelated, but why does the guy in your avatar have boobs? I know they're supposed to be his pecs, but they're so huge it looks like he has a G-cup rack.

its the artist, Patrick Fillion. he draws very overly eccentric masculine features, including dongs the size of fire extinguishers.

(NSFW)
[spoiler]
So thats where derpy's muffins went to.

[/spoiler]

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on August 26, 2015, 01:56:24 PM
its the artist, Patrick Fillion. he draws very overly eccentric masculine features, including dongs the size of fire extinguishers.

(NSFW)
[spoiler]
So thats where derpy's muffins went to.

[/spoiler]

I like your avatar. :lol:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hakurei Reimu

What I don't like about it is it's not a proper loop, unlike my graceful spinning Reimu-chan. If it smoothly reversed to pan back up to his face, I don't think it would annoy me. As such, it's *JERK* *JERK* *JERK* Ugh.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Munch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 26, 2015, 03:28:14 PM
What I don't like about it is it's not a proper loop, unlike my graceful spinning Reimu-chan. If it smoothly reversed to pan back up to his face, I don't think it would annoy me. As such, it's *JERK* *JERK* *JERK* Ugh.

I'll work on that then :D

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 26, 2015, 03:28:14 PM
Wait, tho...............isn't that what us guys do---jerk, jerk, jerk, JERK???????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: 1liesalot on August 23, 2015, 07:04:48 PM
If the God of the Torah or the Bible or the Koran truly existed, could you bring yourself to worship Him with a straight face?  Not me. Not even if I tried my hardest.
If Abrahamic God were real he would not expect me to worship him because we both know my part in the story is not the hero but the cautionary tale. I picture us just looking at each other knowingly before I burst into flames.

Baruch

Which is why so many Christians have nuke fantasies ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Worshipping dongs is nothing new ... just look up Priapus ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Munch, that avatar is much better! No more *jerk* *jerk* *jerk* ... well, maybe there is, but I can't see it. :D
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu