News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

a conundrum

Started by jonb, August 22, 2015, 06:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonb

Hello everybody, I find my self in the curious position of disliking things which do not exist.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: jonb on August 22, 2015, 06:02:01 PM
Hello everybody, I find my self in the curious position of disliking things which do not exist.
Sorry to hear.
:popcorn:

aitm

curiouser and curiouser
oh…welcome
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Hijiri Byakuren

That's normal. I, too, dislike lots of things that don't exist. But I also really like a lot of things that don't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmfJzU5UCqg
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

jonb - maybe the #$#% pharmaceutical industry has something you can take for that?  Or maybe just counseling from Pinocchio?

Or are you afraid of pink elephants?  They seemed to bother Dumbo in one part of his dumbo cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wR8FL_2gwI

The first version of the Reefer Madness film?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Yeah?  Me too.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

jonb

Well I suppose in truth its not the invented things themselves, although I don't understand why people don't imagine nicer monsters, but the people that think that without these monsters they could not regulate their toiletry functions.

Thank you all for the welcomes, I am a fully house trained antitheist.

Baruch

Good to know you are potty trained ... I was still reading my Sunday paper ;-)

Yes, people get things stuck in their heads, and act all weird and shit.  If you approached this clinically, perhaps you would overcome your fear.  You don't seem to need to overcome yourself except for that.  Fear is the mind killer ... and a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

jonb

Interesting, do I fear, because I dislike? No I don't think I am in fear, I know what we are talking about are a set of fantasies and these stories present a morality that I at best I would describe as perverted and thus I dislike them, but does that mean I fear them?
People driven by those perverted moralities can become dangerous it is true, but does that make me fearful?
No I think I am more driven by contempt than fear.

Baruch

Contempt is worse than fear though.  Medieval Japanese guys who are contemptuous of their opponents, end up as sushi.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

jonb

We all end up as one form of sushi or another.
I think I will be a particularly badly carved unpalatable blowfish.

aitm

Welcome to the forum. Mostly a good gang with a few butt heads and one particular loose cannon.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: jonb on August 23, 2015, 06:08:37 AM
Interesting, do I fear, because I dislike? No I don't think I am in fear, I know what we are talking about are a set of fantasies and these stories present a morality that I at best I would describe as perverted and thus I dislike them, but does that mean I fear them?
People driven by those perverted moralities can become dangerous it is true, but does that make me fearful?
No I think I am more driven by contempt than fear.
Maybe 'contempt' is too strong a word.  There are elements of contempt, but I am still amazed at the depth of the willful blindness and ignorance theists display.  They never seem to outgrow their Santa Claus stage.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

I wasn't implying that many theists don't display fear or contempt.  But there is no educating the willfully stubborn.  Ignorance is not too strong a word however ... in regards to many of them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.