The face of ignorance in all it's glory. Emotionalism Verses Intellectualism.

Started by Solitary, August 16, 2015, 11:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Baruch

Yes, GB and Europe have a Muslim problem.  I am not sure I envy them given our Aztec (neopagan Mexican) problem.

I really used to like to watch William F Buckley, for his mastery of vocabulary if nothing else.  A good performance is admirable, even if you don't agree with the principles of the virtuoso.  The Muslims are in a difficult position ... apologetically.  Polemically they are doing fine though ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

peacewithoutgod

Captions are needed for the first vid - can't understand a word that jabberhead is saying!

EDIT: Ok, just watched the other part of Video 1, a speech on historical facts which I learned last year, and it's now the reason why nobody should ever be allowed to downplay the danger of Xtian yammerhead influence in our culture and our school systems.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

drunkenshoe

Europe -also UK- has known for a long time that any immigrant population for an opposite culture would be a problem and that it is just a matter of time. There is something called demography.

They didn't do anything about it, didn't try to do one thing to assimilate those Muslim minorites during all those decades, because of their arrogance, nobody actually gave a damn as long as a certain balance was kept. The balance is based on a cast system in the EU where immigrants are responsible doing the jobs Europeans (aristocracy) refuse to do it. Everything was fine.

However, now, immigrants are problems about everything, esp. about unemployment before religion. You can hear most Brits yapping about how the immigrants steal their jobs when infact most of them just want a certain type of occupation which they just don't have the education or the standing for and refuse to do anything else;  an 'immigrant job'. It's almost comical to listen to those people. They openly want special treatment because they were born as English or Irish or Welsh or Scottish. Naturally they don't get it, because people who can do those jobs can get them. Immigrant or European born. :lol:

About religion. Someone who has an idea about assimilation policies in Europe  -mostly lack of it- they didn't even help them to integrate, let alone assimilate and that how they could have done a lot of things about the 'muslim problem', those radical schools...etc from 70s on, but just didn't bother through sheer arrogance, I only have 'you made your bed, now fuck in it' for Europe. Sorry for the blunt delivery. The city I live in is much better than muslim parts of Europe. At least for now.

France holds on to 5 million, Germany around 4,5 million, but UK struggles with around 2,5 million muslims. Myeh...

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

AllPurposeAtheist

You deserve a nickel for everyone that you don't care if they like you or not Shoe.  We should corner the market for this approach. .:lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 16, 2015, 03:03:10 PM
You deserve a nickel for everyone that you don't care if they like you or not Shoe.  We should corner the market for this approach. .:lol:

Are we getting rich or what?!  :dance: :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Termin

In regards to that second video, I won't even bother to dispute that rights are given to women, see that's not the issue, the real issue and question, which she never addressed was.

Are women given equal rights ?

You can grant a thousand rights to women, but if they are still not equal to men, then there is a problem.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: Termin on August 16, 2015, 04:40:08 PM
In regards to that second video, I won't even bother to dispute that rights are given to women, see that's not the issue, the real issue and question, which she never addressed was.

Are women given equal rights ?

You can grant a thousand rights to women, but if they are still not equal to men, then there is a problem.

In 2014 approxiamtely 3.6 million women in Iran were warned, fined, or arrested by the (morality!?) police for inappropriate dress. (As a rule I assume that in whatever land a "morality" police force is necessary, inequities soon follow)

Its not Saudi Arabia terrible, but there seems to be a problem.

The woman in question is forced to admit she would have to wear some kind of head gear; she also asserts Iranian woman have "a lot" of rights. "A lot" of rights most definitely is not the same thing as equal rights; I suspect that statement is ambiguous nonsense.

While many women may profess to be perfectly fine with the idea, but I can only assume the sheer number of such incidents indicate that many are obviously unhappy about the situation, its not like there were 3.6 million cases where they either plumb forgot about them or it was laundry day.

This woman, apparently born and raised in England, visits Iran and claims to understand what it's like to live there; I think you'd get a much clearer picture from the opinion of those who do actually do live there and have the luxury of speaking frankly about it without consequence.

Baruch

Cocoa ... have you read Persepolis ... the comic bio of a girl growing up in Iran, and ultimately emigrating to Europe?  Recommended for a factual view of the positives and negatives of women growing up outside a Western culture, and in a Western culture.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.