News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bernie Sanders Live 8/9/15

Started by JBCuzISaidSo, August 09, 2015, 10:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBCuzISaidSo

Portland Oregon
Moda Center (packed at 19k people already)

Watch Now:

https://youtu.be/dZ2K8R76cD4
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

Shiranu

Didn't catch much, but glad I caught what I did.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

"This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted."

My jimmies have been thoroughly rustled.

JBCuzISaidSo

Hmm. Probably unauthorized music. They'll fix it soon enough, but there's another rally tomorrow in Los Angeles that will be live as well if you missed this one.
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.

drunkenshoe

Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders speaks at Portland rally 

28 K people turned up. They are not even giving out anything free. Cool.

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/08/presidential_candidate_bernie.html
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

AllPurposeAtheist

A few of Bernies rallies have been upended by BLM, Black Lives Matter. I suspect it's a few wrong minded individuals, but not sure. There's some speculation that it's a plant from the Clinton campaign,  but who knows?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shiranu

I doubt it, since BLM heads have disowned these people from what I have seen.

At first I was quite annoyed, but you know what... they did get him to change the topic to race issues. I don't necessarily agree with it as a way of forcing the conversation to change, but it works and I can respect that.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

JBCuzISaidSo

The not-media-covered parts indicate that the only candidate working WITH BLM, is Sanders. I guess we have to wait to see the bigger picture. But all signs point to ol' Bernie.....
-- Ricky Gervais

JBCuzISaidSo

Quote from: Shiranu on August 11, 2015, 03:58:38 PM
I doubt it, since BLM heads have disowned these people from what I have seen.

At first I was quite annoyed, but you know what... they did get him to change the topic to race issues. I don't necessarily agree with it as a way of forcing the conversation to change, but it works and I can respect that.

All Sanders had to do was hand over the mic, and he did that. I don't know what else he can do besides his own https://berniesanders.com/issues/racial-justice/
-- Ricky Gervais