News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by CrucifyCindy, August 08, 2015, 09:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

dtq123

You are certainly an unconventional theist. For that I am glad. :smile2:
Welcome to the club, fellow pagan heretic! ^_^
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Baruch

"God often does contradict himself. I personally suspect God has disassociative personality disorder."

G-d doesn't contradict herself, she simply has the right to change her mind, whenever and however she chooses to do so ;-)

With billions of human faces manifesting G-d's human aspect ... that is one bad case of disassociation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: dtq123 on August 09, 2015, 12:57:07 AM
Well, I have to use this list somewhere useful :eyes:

Please answer these questions, Thank you.

1. Does god exist?

No one has enough evidence to answer this question.  Therefore, further questions regarding his true nature would seem to be irrelevant.

Mike Cl

Welcome, CC--you look like a perfectly good chew-toy to me!  Hope you stick around. :))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Hello Cindy. Sometimes it good to have people of other theistic views here, so it comes become an echo chamber. I'd just say though, it might seem singled out here as a result, so long as you got tough skin here you should be fine.

I like wood pigeons, there cute ^^

unlike those dirty nasty town pigeons, nasty birds!

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sal1981

Green Bottle

Afternoon Cindy an Welcome to the Crazyhoose.......
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

peacewithoutgod

Hello, Cindy!

I'm new to this forum too, but your answers to dtq's questions really peak my curiosity. You essentially characterized your god as narcissistic, egotistic, sociopathic, indecisive, a drunk, and bored (perhaps as his true motivation for creating us? Because he had nobody to torture?). It's enough to make me wonder who this god is who your theism centers around. Or are you really a deist, which is one who believes there is a god without believing those who assign a name or definition to it?
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Solomon Zorn

QuoteQ. 'Does god have the power to make decisions?"
A. "That one has me stuck."
I like you! You're funny! :biggrin2:

QuoteQ: "Does your god require worship?"
A: "All egotistic beings do"
Is CRUCIFYCindy a clue, that you are your own God? :think:
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Peacewithoutgod ... I have a friend on another blog, where he says that people are more or less compelled to believe in gods ... but that the failing is that if we have to believe in a supreme being, why we seem attracted to such crappy ones ;-)  He finds is immoral that people don't realize this and use their G-d given imagination and conscience to at least project a better god, if not a perfect one.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on August 10, 2015, 09:49:35 PM
I like you! You're funny! :biggrin2:

Is CRUCIFYCindy a clue, that you are your own God? :think:

She seems to be trying to create an enigma as part of her persona. 

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on August 11, 2015, 07:19:01 AM
Peacewithoutgod ... I have a friend on another blog, where he says that people are more or less compelled to believe in gods ... but that the failing is that if we have to believe in a supreme being, why we seem attracted to such crappy ones ;-)  He finds is immoral that people don't realize this and use their G-d given imagination and conscience to at least project a better god, if not a perfect one.

Being a social beast, humanity looks to higher powers just as all social animals do. The difference is that when wolves in a pack look to their alpha male, they don't consider any powers above him, nor do they reason amongst themselves whether their leader deserves to be where he is, so long as he can kick the ass of any wolf in the pack and demonstrates enough sense that they don't go hungry. Human intelligence makes us a bit more contentious, therefore the invention by early human leaders of greater powers above themselves went over well due to the nature of people.

Human is also the only animal which can effectively redesign and control to great extent its own habitat, and it's natural to us when we see something which is more organized or more intelligent than dust to presume that it must have been somehow designed by somebody - otherwise, how could it possibly work like that? Something as complex as the human eye just had to be a product of design, because we design watches...*sigh*. But we design from the top down, while nature evolves randomly from the bottom up for generation after generation indefinitely, and now that geneticists have revealed our bottom-up commonality with all things which have DNA, there's no longer the need to feel compelled to believe in any higher powers. Nobody designed us, it was all just a very long chain of random physical events. To me, the lack of a sky daddy who can do anything makes my life, and of those around me only more precious. There's nobody who could just create more of us if they so will it other than us, and nobody can deliver us from our human failings other than ourselves and those among us who would help. It gives me only greater respect for the life I have, when I consider how the genes of so many generations of ancestors brought me to this privileged point on the tree of life!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Solitary

Welcome aboard Cindy! Left handed---do I know you? If you are Cindy Crawford I love you. If you are a rock star and we met 30 years ago, I love you. Were you a former Wiccan? Do you practice Hindu rituals? Do you believe in me? If yes:  :syda: :flowers: :super: :kidra:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Baruch

Peacewithoutgod .... Yes, humans are social ... otherwise this conversation web site wouldn't exist ;-)  But wolfish behavior does describe the alpha males of our society ... it is just that most people are domesticated dogs, not wolves ;-)  But we aren't alone, we are leaves on a great tree indeed.

I don't see the need to have bottom up and top down as contradictory ... I think that is a false dichotomy ... but most here would agree with you.  I agree that most analogies for G-d are poor ... whether as judge, dad or engineer.  We can only imagine things in human terms.  I have yet to see my messy apartment self-clean ... so I will hold off on accepting spontaneous creation of order ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.