Separation Of Church And State? Not For Satanist.

Started by Solitary, July 27, 2015, 09:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFoolery

Satan is almost like a racial slur: you say "Satanist" and instantly it conjures a negative connotation. When I was on my tour of religions to believe in, I almost didn't seriously stop at it because I was like "Satan? That's just a bunch of people worshipping evil and probably involves human sacrifice and shit." I did go on to learn about it and was fascinated and appalled to discover it wasn't exactly what I thought it was. It was a little too anarchist for me, but oddly a religion I could get behind more than the so-called benevolent religions. I'm still afraid to admit that in public though because I remember how uneducated I myself was about it at one time, and I imagine the vast majority of others probably are too.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Solitary

You are not alone, I thought the same thing until I found out differently. But we can still eat roasted babies as atheists can't we? sarcasm.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Baruch

Something defined as anti-Catholic isn't independent, it is a shadow version of the original.  Whether Protestantism or Satanism.  Catholics certainly used to regard Protestants as satanic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Solitary

The can of worms is open, lets see how many more escape.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Baruch

If a few tires of hypocrisy get punctured on the caltrops of consistency ... no loss ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.