News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I recieved this in my email today:

Started by Solitary, July 28, 2015, 09:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

You young ones here probably never heard of Blondie, but she sent this in an email to me today along with a image of her and Joan Jett together. This song and video shows how fucking lucky we are to have been raised in this country.

https://youtu.be/G8IMNUf8iUI
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gawdzilla Sama

Pardon, which country are you talking about?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

Is that a rhetorical question? Any country that the children haven't or aren't going through what is on the video.

AllPurposeAtheist

It kind of makes you wonder just how much longer we can go without the next war coming to our streets. The way we're armed I have to think it won't be much longer, probably not in my lifetime, but very likely in my kids lives and almost certainly in my grandkids lives.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PopeyesPappy

I got to see Blonde along with Pat Benatar and The Donnas at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi a few years back. The Beau Rivage is a fairly small venue, and the crowd was more mature so we were able to get within a couple of feet of the stage without having to fight our way in. I was pleasantly surprised how good Debbie looked even though she would have been 64 at the time. Please tell her hello from a long time fan for me.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Solitary on July 28, 2015, 09:59:33 PM
Is that a rhetorical question? Any country that the children haven't or aren't going through what is on the video.
That's a very wide "this country".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 28, 2015, 11:37:56 PM
I got to see Blonde along with Pat Benatar and The Donnas at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi a few years back. The Beau Rivage is a fairly small venue, and the crowd was more mature so we were able to get within a couple of feet of the stage without having to fight our way in. I was pleasantly surprised how good Debbie looked even though she would have been 64 at the time. Please tell her hello from a long time fan for me.
Will do, but I need your first name, or is PopeyesPappy OK? If you have an email you don't keep secret, I'll have her write to you.

PopeyesPappy

Thanks! That would be awesome. It's Russ. I'm popeyespappy@gmail.com.

I was probably listening to Blondie in high school in the late 70's. I know I was listening to them on MTV as early as 82 shortly after the El Paso cable provider picked up MTV.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Solitary

This may take awhile, or not. Let me know if she responds to you by email.