One Map Shows How Many People Police Have Killed in Each State So Far This Year

Started by drunkenshoe, July 21, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on July 24, 2015, 07:21:50 AM
The original post Sandy Hook proposal ... or my "reading between the lines"?

California example:
http://smartgunlaws.org/mental-health-related-prohibited-categories-in-california/

Given the known mental condition of seniors and veterans ... if this was enforced consistently then yes, seniors and veterans, along with people in the more medical categories listed, would have to be prohibited.  But to do that, given gun shows, you would have to institutionalize them.  Of course there is a general denial that the US suffers from severe mental illness in all walks of life.  I can think of many folks, other than say veterans, that I would ban from owning a spork ... if you just saw the light and made me dictator ... bwahaha!

What starts in California, doesn't stay in California:
http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-and-criminal-justice/possession-of-a-firearm-by-the-mentally-ill.aspx

So doing this, could have prevented several mass shootings, including Sandy Hook.  It may also be necessary for the DSM-V to characterize extreme political opinion as mental illness ... in order to cordon off the recent church shooter from the rest of society.
More bullshit.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

I agree it is bullshit ... but then that is the kind of country I live in (I assume you are also American ... not all posters are).  Just because I post something, doesn't mean I am an advocate.

Personally, I am not afraid for myself, even though I live in a bad neighborhood.  I consider an overzealous cop to be just as dangerous a person as the neighborhood drug dealer.  But like a zoo keeper in the lion pen ... I stay out of the pen as much as possible, and am very careful what I do or say if I am in the pen, just in case the lions are hungry.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

The Paranoia Pump keeps a steady stream of that kind of thing going. It's not helpful to be the guy on the pump handle.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

But if we really were cool, collected, effective ... in crisis situations (when is life not a crisis?) ... then we would be as psychotic as the new portrayal of 007.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on July 25, 2015, 10:29:57 AM
But if we really were cool, collected, effective ... in crisis situations (when is life not a crisis?) ... then we would be as psychotic as the new portrayal of 007.
As Jubal Harshaw asked the Federal cop, "Are you about to dive through that bloody screen?"
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 25, 2015, 10:52:02 AM
As Jubal Harshaw asked the Federal cop, "Are you about to dive through that bloody screen?"
If we could only get good old Jubal to jump out of that book and into reality!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?