Ministers get caught cheating on wives on Skype

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, July 19, 2015, 11:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I don't have a link to any of this because its a job my gf's daughter took freelance as a court reporter and transcriptionist..
She had some woman who had recorded her minister husband's Skype chat with another minister wanting it all transcribed. It turns out that both were praying together that their wives wouldn't find out about their illicit affairs with each other and to have the wives out of the picture.
Absolutely none of it is admissible in court, but the woman paid big bucks to have it all transcribed.
Apparently the lord does work in mysterious ways, eh?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

:rotflmao:       Oh come on, they were just praying religiously into each other their salvation! 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 19, 2015, 11:06:16 AM
:rotflmao:       Oh come on, they were just praying religiously into each other their salvation! 
Nothing like a minister or two praying for an illicit gay relationship,  huh? From my understanding the prayers were to get the wives out of the picture and apparently it's gonna work soon as all the alimony is paid up.  :lol:

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 19, 2015, 11:20:06 AM
Nothing like a minister or two praying for an illicit gay relationship,  huh? From my understanding the prayers were to get the wives out of the picture and apparently it's gonna work soon as all the alimony is paid up.  :lol:

Oh yeah money prayings is very inspiring like that. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

It is a truism among Evangelical and Charismatic Christians .. that the Devil has it out for them, especially.  Billy Graham was famous for this theory.  And in fact there is a breed of woman who likes "entertaining" powerful and famous men, including ministers.  Ministers are alike a "forbidden fruit".  Pope Alexander Borgia is one guy who was particularly weak in this area.  And with all the celibacy BS for some clergy ... this makes them even more "attractive" ... the Pope being the most "attractive" target of all.  The Borgias were actually Spanish, not Italian.

The corruption of the Renaissance is the beginning of modernity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVcXa7I6_OQ

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

I so completely fail to be surprised anymore when a minister of any sort gets caught in any sort of sexual activity, be it gay, straight or any port in a storm.  If it isn't Catholic priests abusing children, it's holier-than-thou biblethumpers with a mistress or boytoy (or both) on the church payroll.

I haven't bothered keeping track, but I wonder if there's a correlation between how viciously homophobic a preacher preaches, and the gender of the person they're having an affair with...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

AllPurposeAtheist

Sylvia's family has a few ministers in it.  Her brother is one and that family is more whacked out than most I've meet. Her brother's a decent type,  but he's raised kids, grandkids and now a couple of great grandkids with none of them worth spit. Every one of them that I've meet have been in prison at one point or another. Strange that her brother seems oblivious to all of the shenanigans and every one of them have their hands out for money 24/7. Pretty pathetic.

Baruch

This family may be in trouble for many reasons, besides religion.  But if they are religious, it does show that religion hasn't done them much good.  Respectability is a class thing ... I am more respectable and of higher class ... than my immediate ancestors.  Education was the only way up for me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on July 19, 2015, 11:19:42 PM

The corruption of the Renaissance is the beginning of modernity.

:lol:  That's an interesting statement. I like it.

But it is too Reniassance to accept the Renaissance as the beginning of modernity if you ask me. It's invented. Renaissance is just a movement, not a period. The rest is a myth created mostly in 19th century.

Have you ever heard of something called The Crisis of 1402? Hans Baron. You would find it interesting, I guess.

1liesalot

The Renaissance brought us out of the Dark Ages imposed for so long by organized religion.

Baruch

The Renaissance proves that rip-rowring criminality isn't all bad ;-)  It can produce great art and science, just don't forget "omertà".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on July 21, 2015, 09:29:40 PM
The Renaissance proves that rip-rowring criminality isn't all bad ;-)  It can produce great art and science, just don't forget "omertà".

Sure. I actually meant, producing tha art and science is not that innocent as it looks or how it is promoted. It's closely related to any kind of tyranny. 

drunkenshoe

Quote from: 1liesalot on July 21, 2015, 09:09:30 AM
The Renaissance brought us out of the Dark Ages imposed for so long by organized religion.

No, it didn't. That's promoted bullshit. Black and white mapping of 19th century history, also an outmoded idea today. Neither the Dark Ages were dark as it was portrayed, nor the Renaissance was some sort of an enlightment as it was promoted to. Renaissane is a movement, not a period. There is nothing different from the point of people between Reniassance and Dark Ages.

The name Renaissance is given by jules Michelet in 19th century. Vasari used the word very specifically and just defined the italian art movement.

All that glory and art, in sciences is for the nobility to promote themselves. Renaissance is as religiously fanatic as the Dark ages.

Bocaccio got away with Decameron because of Medici's policies. Galileo couldn't get away and was left to die in prison, again because of Medici policies. It's just a matter of the Tryanny and its power. Not some conscious awakening or enlightment of its own. 

There is no conscious policies to develop people or improve general life, OR support secularism before the era of French revolution. They are not even defined as 'policies' as we understand today by historians and cultural historians. Some events that look very modern, pretty much just beneficial acts made by dynasties and rulers. Anything we see as a positive thing in 'modern' sense done is done because it was beneficial and profitable to the soveriegns and their class.

What we call secular, humanist are very different concepts now than then, what was in those times.

When we call Thomas More a humanist, we mean he was included in a certain group in respect of the dominant general idea and movements. Doesn't change the fact he was an extremist who openly supported burning of heretics. He is up there, because the rise of British-American culture promoted its historical characters who wrote in English after invention of the modern state and nationalism.

Populist definition and promotion of Renaissance had/has serious consequences on world culture in general when mixed up and stirred with nationalism in growing heat of colonialism and gave its horrible fruits in in 20th century as you perfectly know. Actually, overall 19th century Western hisoriography caused a lot of damage and hypermodern scientific 'correction' of history is still not out to the surface to be transformed into a common culture.

That's why history is defined as something turning in to a huge net of patches of cultural history very differently than we imagined before  and many new branches emerged just in the last decades.

It's also very beneficial and profitable to market it as some enlightenment or the period that saved westerns. Sweet bullshit.

Baruch

Prophecy is best done retroactively ;-)

But it was a particularly interesting time ... as The Autobiography of Benvenuto Cellini shows.  Pretty much everything Western is present in his time ... and it isn't always a pretty sight.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.