News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Suicide Squad Trailer

Started by Shiranu, July 13, 2015, 10:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

A. I had mostly come to terms with the Joker looking like a shitty cosplay at some type of redneck ComicCon knock off, but jesus fucking christ it is so fucking terrible. It... it wouldn't be so bad, maybe, if it didn't look cheap as fuck.

B. That "laugh"? What the fuck is that weak shit? Has this guy never seen Mark Hamill's Joker, or even Ledgers and Nicolson's? Both of them had FAR more intimidating and creepy and just... insane laughs then that pathetic little chuckle. And then I have motherfucker's on my facebook like, "DAMN, THAT SHIT WAS CREEPY!"

God fucking damn it, this movie seems okay...enough... seems like it will be an average super hero (villain) action flick... but jesus christ, the Joker is just so god damn fucking painful in every single way.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

I think the way they went about giving hints about this movie was poorly done... I'm going to watch the movie and just see how it is... hopefully without any biases.

Also... I'm probably going to wait til I can get it on dvd or something, because I like watching movies at home....

I kind of like the trailer, in all honesty...

The only thing I might be if-y about is the Joker... Mark Hamil was a VERY good joker and I would argue that his and the original live action joker were probably the best of all time. Heath Ledger's was not a good joker, although the character he created was amazing and a great villain in it's own right.... but still not a good joker, IMO
But we only had a few snippets of what was shown to us, so it's very hard to see how he will play the joker. It may be very good... aside from his shitty  get-up.

And come on. Harley is going to be in it!  :redface: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Munch

yeah I've not been impressed by the joker look or voice in this, so that really puts a lot of pressure on jared leto to win over people.

I remember a line from batman under the red hood, where the Joker after seeing the new red hood, being a modern say version of his old costume, refereed to it was "When I wore that number, it was classy â€" more flashy maitre d' than motorcycle fetish". The joker has always had a kind of style to him in a crazy clown way, in contrast to batmans look. So this tattooed fuckwit and chrome teeth look is as far from his maitre'd stylistic look and more looking like what he looked at the end of arkham city when he took the bane formula.

Still, at least Harley looks good, just like I hoped she'd look, insane, playful, dangerous and not taking shit from anyone. Also glad to see Amanda Waller, she was an interesting character from the JLU series even outsmarting batman several times, so was glad to see her getting a role at last.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

I just think it's too soon to say for sure that Jared Leto's joker is complete shit. It's a good chance that it is, but no one has seen the movie yet...

It's definitely going to be tough to beat Mark Hamil or Cesar Romero's Joker. They were so dead on.

Munch

yeah, though they were the voices, especially Hamil, that everyone knows to be the Joker, but they were never on screen actors like nicholson and Ledger, so its often tricky to find an actor to play such an iconic role and make it fit.
DC does seem to have a problem with finding perfect actors for characters in film that last, look how many have played batman, superman, joker and lexx luthor, while in marvel they nailed characters like thor, wolverine, captain america, loki, xavier and magneto.
(that said, age of apocalypse will be weird without the recognizable cast)

SGOS

Well, there is something awfully creepy about a skinny mousey guy that inflicts pain on captives.  A more commanding presence would have made him into an ordinary bully.  How much he creeps me out will be based on what he actually does.  I didn't get a good enough feel for that in the trailer. The comic book joker was just something we could use our imaginations to build a personality that we wanted for him.  Hollywood actors that try to recreate the persona, rarely match up to the persona I created in my head, although some do very good jobs at creating imaginative personas, even if they don't match what I imagined.  I thought Heath Leger created an excellent character.  I can't know if it was what the comic book creator had in mind, however.

Was there an actual comic book Suicide Squad, with a bubble gum snapping chick and a baseball bat?  My parents wouldn't let me have those kinds of comics.

Munch

You should see the kinds of comics I buy now compared to when I was a teen.

As for me, I don't mind if well known characters get reimaginged somewhat, as long as they remain spiritually the same characters in essence. These is why a show like The Batman sucked because it made interesting characters as they developed them in the original BTAS, like Mr freeze, poison ivy, harleyquin and bane, into one note characters with no depth.

the_antithesis

Personally, I'm getting sick of super hero movies that look like a bunch of kids hanging out at a mall. The costumes are important. Super heroes have no character which is why they wear those colorful outfits. When they mute the colors or dress them like French whores, are they still super heroes?

Munch

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 18, 2015, 12:15:30 PM
Personally, I'm getting sick of super hero movies that look like a bunch of kids hanging out at a mall. The costumes are important. Super heroes have no character which is why they wear those colorful outfits. When they mute the colors or dress them like French whores, are they still super heroes?

well tbh DC's the one that holds that crown with their movies.

Look at the avengers, they look pretty close to the colorful characters in the comics. Same with spiderman. X-men not so much they did get pretty grim dark from the colorful costumes I got use to from the 90s tv show, but marvel tries to keep the overall look of many of its titles true.

DC though.

Seriously who killed the fucking rainbow -_-

I think its more just a reflection of the times we live in though, people don't want overly bright colors, and in wanting superheroes more grounded and 'human', they make them darker in tone and character. It just feels more and away from how the color pallet mattered less then the actual characters years ago. Back then as long as you wrote them well people didn't care how colorful they were.