We're here because we have something to say and we're no longer afraid to say it

Started by Termin, July 09, 2015, 04:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

The best spice is cinnamon ... and the best place to put it is on cinnamon rolls ;-)  It's heavenly.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 10, 2015, 08:52:37 PM
The best spice is cinnamon ... and the best place to put it is on cinnamon rolls ;-)  It's heavenly.
Cinnamon rolls are just two nano inches from being as good as ice cream!  It is indeed, heavenly. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Atheon

"Please don't hate me. I believe in racial purity. If you're like me, you're not alone." - a message from the KKK
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on July 10, 2015, 11:02:16 PM
"Please don't hate me. I believe in racial purity. If you're like me, you're not alone." - a message from the KKK
"I would say I'm different.  We're all a little different.  But if you bear the mark of Cain, well...

It's just so hard being a race realist these days.  Sheeple just unthinkingly label you a racist to try to shut you up.  No one's views should be suppressed.

I'm not threatened by black people.  I know a lot of black people. *insincere laugh*  I don't fear them.  Just...you know, Liberia.  It's all yours, guys.

And Mexicans.  I love Mexicans.  They're good people.  Man, I love their locos tacos.  I've been to Cancun a bunch of times for vacation, but you know, afterwards, I went back home.  Just sayin."

P.S. Vote Trump

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

the_antithesis

You mean cassia.

Mike Cl

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on July 11, 2015, 01:10:42 PM
Thats okay, as long as you don't say candlejack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MasCCdJ6YI8

oh wait..
Well, shit, Munch, I did not know about Candlejack (oh hell, I said it!!)--now I'm scared shitless!!

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

GSOgymrat

I think this author pinpoints exactly why there are videos like the one in the OP.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33463436

No, what the opponents of gay marriage really cannot stand, I realise as I read them, is being criticised in the same spirit as they choose to criticise their opponents - not as holding a morality that might be too stringent to be obeyed, but holding a morality that was never really moral at all. Their complaint is, in its way, one that seems fixed in the political choices of the late Roman Empire. The only alternatives they can recognise as real are either power or persecution. Either you are the magistrate making rules, or else you are the martyr being sacrificed to them. This love of authority, and panic at its absence, is perhaps their central shaping conviction. This is why fundamentalist theologians tend not to mind hysterical atheists, who run around miserable at the loss of a super-deity, but do mind complacent atheists, who cannot see what the fuss was ever all about.

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 10, 2015, 10:31:25 PM
Cinnamon rolls are just two nano inches from being as good as ice cream!  It is indeed, heavenly.
What about cinnamon roll flavored ice cream?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

hrdlr110

Heading to Sweden in one months time where cinnamon rolls are legendary! Much better than ice cream! I may have them for every meal - haven't decided yet.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts