News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stupid things you believed as a kid

Started by Atheon, July 09, 2015, 11:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

I thought the purpose of testicles was to test your pee.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

I used to be terrified by the sound of cicadas because I thought that the noise they make was the overhead power lines about to explode and electrocute me.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

Quote from: Atheon on July 09, 2015, 03:16:24 PM

Oh yeah I use to believe pee came from testicles.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Atheon on July 09, 2015, 03:16:24 PM
Ha! I thought they were miniature babies and couldn't figure out how my mom and dad had 6 kids.. I thought my dad didn't have any left to make more. . :lol: After all I was the baby of the family. .

AllPurposeAtheist

In first or second grade mom sent me to school with 35¢ for lunch every day.  I calculated just how many days I could go without lunch to save up for a new car. .  Now I'm a chronic change saver. .

Atheon

I remember seeing a food commercial on TV. In it are a husband and wife discussing the food. The wife said, "And it's good for your budget!" As she said "budget", she touched his stomach. So I thought "budget" meant "stomach".
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

aitm

As soon as I learned about the circulatory system and a introduction to first aid and tourniquets, I thought I could wrap a bandana around my arm and tie it tight and then stick a fork in the electrical outlet to see what electricity felt like. I found out what it felt like.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: aitm on July 09, 2015, 04:59:59 PM
As soon as I learned about the circulatory system and a introduction to first aid and tourniquets, I thought I could wrap a bandana around my arm and tie it tight and then stick a fork in the electrical outlet to see what electricity felt like. I found out what it felt like.
I stuck a key in an outlet. ..with my mouth. .
Free advice : Don't do it.

I'm the youngest of 5 kids and thought that my brothers and sisters were all born much larger than me. .No wonder I was the last one born,  eh?

PickelledEggs

I used to think vomiting was reverse pooping. I forget how young I was... lol

PickelledEggs

I also used to think masturbating would get boring... but here I am... many years later... and still a leading advocate of it.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 09, 2015, 08:47:52 PM
I also used to think masturbating would get boring... but here I am... many years later... and still a leading advocate of it.
It does at times get boring. .You're just not abusing the right drugs..

trdsf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 09, 2015, 11:22:23 AM
When I was a kid I thought my teachers knew everything about the subjects they taught, that my math teacher knew all math and my history teacher knew all history.
S'okay, I believed they lived at the school.  I was floored the first time I saw one shopping at the A&P.  I mean, they never left that building, did they?

Oh, yeah, and I believed the whole Catholic line, too.  Even was an altar boy.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

aitm

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 09, 2015, 08:47:52 PM
Oh my god that reminded me of the most awkward moment of my young life. Mom and Pop never made a big deal out of masturbating to us as kids. Sure they stumbled in on us but no laughter no admonishments, simply look the other way, but one night at dinner Mom simply said, I wish you boys would shake your things out the window, my god your sheets are disgusting….my two sisters just looked puzzled until the oldest one (she was 8 years older than me) burst out laughing and my younger sister didn't have clue but stared laughing which got dad rolling on the floor which got my older brothers all red and mom, just buried her head in her mashed taters.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Atheon

I think the "teachers live at school" belief is very common among young kids.

For me, that belief ended the on day my 2nd-grade teacher hosted a parent/student party at her house.

Another one:

I was in kindergarten when for the first time in my life I heard the term "raise your hand". Having never heard the word "raise" before, I thought it was "raze", which I thought meant "shave" (because of a "razor" - which to me meant one thing: an electric shaver, because that's what my dad used). So I mimicked an electric shaver shaving my hand.

MagetheEntertainer

Hmmm lets see

babies come out of the butt
Marijuana will cause you to go insane/lose brain cells etc...
drinking the regular mountain dew will cause defects in people under 12
masturbating will make your junk smaller
If I missed an episode of any of my favorite shows it would cause them to get canceled
All gay men are pedophiles (although I didn't come up with that on my own, my mom told me that)
Adam and eve were both white and all other races were created as a result of their kids getting a tan, then their kids got tanner, etc...
graves were covered in concrete and graveyards were fenced in to contain zombies
Every town had to have atleast 1 pizza place or Italian restaurant so that the smell of garlic would prevent vampires.
Christianity
The police can only do good things
women could only get pregnant if they had a boyfriend and asked god for a baby.
The mail men have a special mail man that delivers them their mail, those people have other special mail men that deliver their mail and so on.