Why I Hate Christianity, The Religion Of Love.

Started by Solitary, August 12, 2015, 10:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

By David Edwards
A lawsuit recently filed against a teacher at Forest Park Elementary School in Indiana alleged that a 7-year-old student was “banished” from sitting with other students at lunch after he revealed that he did not believe in God.

According to the lawsuit obtained by The Washington Post, second grade teacher Michelle Meyer interrogated the student, who was identified with the initials A.B., about his religious beliefs after he told his classmates on the playground that he did not go to church because he did not believe in God.

As a result, the child was ordered to sit by himself during lunch for a three-day period.
“The defendant’s actions caused great distress to A.B. and resulted in the child being ostracized by his peers past the three-day ‘banishment.’”

I think this teacher should be banished from teaching in a public school. If she wants to do this in a private religious school it's her business, but not in a secular public school.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/indiana-public-school-punishes-7-year-old-with-banishment-for-not-believing-in-god-lawsuit/
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Baruch

Private or parochial school?  If public, then fire the teacher ;-(  How can you expect discipline from the kids if the teachers are undisciplined.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

public school, so yes, the bitch should be fired for doing that to the kid. If I were the parent, I would storm into her classroom and hurl verbal abuse at her for daring to do something like that to my kid.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

Seriously, I know any means of sending a message to that teacher has more then likely been hampered because of all the hate mail she's gotten, but this makes me so fucking mad, and just further pushes my stance of keeping religion out of schools, unless its for historical study (study of cults)

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2015, 01:11:07 PM
Private or parochial school?  If public, then fire the teacher ;-(  How can you expect discipline from the kids if the teachers are undisciplined.

This is why all the private head-fucking camps which the religious call "schools" need to be shut down! Education and capitalism should never mix, and the state of education will not improve while the 1%s don't have their children schooled under the same conditions as everyone else.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Baruch

Peacewithoutgod ... further evidence of a funny mustache under the nose, and not Charlie Chaplin?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

ApostateLois

And they have the nerve to say that THEY are the ones being persecuted.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

widdershins

I read this story a week or two ago.  The kid only told the other student about not believing in God because she asked him.  When she didn't like the answer, she told the teacher, who then grilled him and supposedly punished him, not for not believing in God, but for hurting the feelings of the other kid by answering her question honestly.  The punishment only stopped when the mother called and complained.
This sentence is a lie...

Munch

Well I hope the mother grilled the teacher, I'd threaten to sue the school unless she was forced into taking emotional training or some such class.

widdershins

I actually got most of those facts from the lawsuit posted in the article.
This sentence is a lie...