News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Odd how those alternate realities always seem to have laws of physics that allow our existence... 🤔
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 30, 2023, 02:04:59 AMOdd how those alternate realities always seem to have laws of physics that allow our existence... 🤔
My headcanon is that there is plenty of space in the multiverse that is absolutely desolate or otherwise unlivable and no one goes there because of that.

The "hubs" between worlds are usually pretty prosperous because of a steady influx of travelers and trade.

Hydra009

I can't for the life of me figure out why this hasn't been made into a movie or at least miniseries.

* It's an action extravaganza with a sizable and devoted fanbase.  Huge nostalgia factor.
* Themes of environmental degradation, political unrest, and war are still highly relevant
* The rights are probably dirt cheap, so it wouldn't cost very much to purchase the rights.
* You probably couldn't get Kucan (Kane) to do any action scenes anymore, but you could at least get some voice work from him.  Anyone else can be recast no sweat.

Cassia

Star Trek: Into Darkness, 2013 playing on AMC, IFC now

4/5 The young Spock was so cute! Enjoyed it, CGI and all.

Gawdzilla Sama

Did you like the Kahn reboot?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 12, 2023, 09:13:19 PMDid you like the Kahn reboot?
He just keeps showing up, LOL. Bad ass dude once he thawed out. This is the first of the 2,000's Star Trek movies I have seen....any recommendations on the next one I should see?

Gawdzilla Sama

I liked INTO THE DARKNESS. Boss Lady likes Idris, so it's win-win.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

I usually like Gerard Butler, but Kandahar was not one of his best. The script had a lot of unexplained twists that didn't flow very well.  I felt confused too much of the time.  Butler did OK. He's a pretty good actor.  I think he should have passed on this film though.

Unbeliever

Hell, I feel confused most of the time just living life... 🦧
God Not Found

Primal

Bloodhounds in Netflix. Five stars. Violent, sometimes even a little bit gory, but not disturbing like how some creepy movies are. I loved it.

It's more of an eight-episode series, with each episode an hour long.

Cassia

Summertime,1955

Katharine Hepburn at 48 is radiant and shows such depth. Edgy subject matter for that era and well, Venice is Venice as it always has been.

Gawdzilla Sama

Oppenheimer. Got a  bang out of it.
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Wow! I just watched a great movie on YouTube called Time Trap!
It's about some people in a cave where Time moves very slowly. I really hope they make a sequel, I'd pay to see it on the big screen.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

I just watched a great Sherlock Holmes movie on YouTube called Game of Shadows, with Robert Downey Jr. as Holmes, and Stephen Fry as his brother Mycroft. I gotta say this is the best Sherlock Holmes movie I've ever seen!
🤠
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

There's another movie before that one.
PZ Myers