News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 03, 2022, 05:52:53 PMHas anyone seen Thor: Love & Thunder? Would be nice to get an opinion from someone who doesn't think it's part of a radical feminist agenda to...something.
I'll get to it in a bit.

Hydra009

Joker sequel news!

Joker 2: Folie à Deux

Let me just say, I love the title.  Artsy, French (aka artsy), with a nice little double entendre - meaning shared psychosis/madness but also literally meaning "folly of two".  It depicts their criminal careers in general and fight against Bats in particular as folly.

Lady Gaga will play a big role in this movie, almost certainly as Harley Quinn (hence the title)

And it'll be a musical, as befitting poor Arthur Fleck locked away in Arkham Asylum, spiralling through madness.  Paradoxically, he's never been more free.  His only companion, the haunting melodies in his soul.  Until she shows up...

the_antithesis

Didn't see it, but the paper reviewed a new movie called Bodies Bodies Bodies. It's about trust fund babies having a drug-fueled party and then shit goes sideways.

I'm-a give it a pass. I don't want to see trust fund babies do anything. Fortunately, I usually get my wish.

Blackleaf

Just watched Encanto on Disney+. I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but it's a very good movie. Good story, good message, pretty visuals. It's choreography made me feel like I was watching a play at the theatre. I was kinda meh on some of the songs, but I'm generally not into musicals anyway (although I'm glad they've been making a comeback). Sometimes the lyrics go by a little too quick for me, but that's why subtitles are a thing.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville