News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

If the Ewoks had either rebel-supplied weapons or fearsome beasts or something the least bit threatening in their arsenal, it'd make sense that they unexpectedly took down some troopers and AT-STs.

But in the movie, they had literal sticks and slings.  IIRC, they rolled some logs at an AT-ST and it fell over.  I'm supposed to believe that these armored walkers can't handle a few logs?  It'd be like expecting a car to crash because it ran over a banana peel.  It's pure cartoon logic.

gawdzilla sama Jr.

Yep, low-tech warfare vs. high-tech. Mr. Charles appealed to the luddites in the US.

aitm

Ewoks success was only overlooked as much as it was due to it being against the "bad guys". One could imagine the screaming it was reversed. "We got a 180 ton walking stabilized tank tripping over a rope?" Get me the designer...better yet, just bring me his head.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

gawdzilla sama Jr.

Something about a conquistador who lived there ~500 years ago and is now very grumpy. Why he's killing people isn't clear.

IMBD 2.4.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 06, 2022, 11:56:55 PMA very minor but oddly charismatic gang member was the spitting image of an internet-famous film critic.  That alone was worth the price of admission imho.  Definitely got a laugh out of me.

Funny. The Nostalgia Critic just made a joke about that in his review of Mask of the Phantasm.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

gawdzilla sama Jr.

I see Poe Dameron/Duke Leto Atreides has a new movie out, "Moonshot"? (I think that's the name. IMDB agrees.)

drunkenshoe

I've seen Being the Ricardos. I don't know what to think about it. I didn't get bored while watching it, but something's not in place about this movie. I have no idea what though. It feels like the story floats on a very wide area, and then suddenly falls from a narrow path too fast boom it is the end. May be I didn't get it. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

I saw the Sonic 2 movie last night. It was pretty good. Definitely an improvement over the first one, in my opinion. It didn't go where I was expecting it to. Some of their decisions were a bit weird, and I still wish they would make a fully animated Sonic instead of doing this live action with CGI characters thing, but for what it is, it's good. I'd go into spoilers, but you know...

[spoiler]Spoiler tags no work.[/spoiler]
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Beasts were only mildly fantastic.  And I still don't know where to find them.  2/10.

gawdzilla sama Jr.

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 08, 2022, 11:43:09 PMFantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Beasts were only mildly fantastic.  And I still don't know where to find them.  2/10.
I'm a kaiju in my day job, don't complain about mundane beasts, they're the fun ones.

And #3 will be out on the 15th. Can't wait.

Hydra009

Quote from: gawdzilla sama Jr. on April 09, 2022, 05:44:00 AMAnd #3 will be out on the 15th. Can't wait.
Yeah, I got invited to see #3 in IMAX, so I'm legally obligated to see the first two.

From what I've seen so far, not nearly as charming/endearing as the HP movies.

And I swear, JKR is following the Star Wars method of naming characters.  "His name is Din...uhhh...*racks brain*...Juurin."  "Whew, that was an intense five-second brainstorming session.  Let's break for lunch."

*JKR looks at an amphibian enclosure*  My main character's name will be Newt...uhhh...Salamander...no, too obvious...Scamander." Genius.

gawdzilla sama Jr.

You come up with that many names that immediately associate one with the Wizarding World.

Hydra009

Hydra009

Also, I'm going to have a wizard who transforms into a dog and I'm going to call him Canis Lupus Familiaris.

And like 20 years later, I'm going to tell you that he's gay over Twitter.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: gawdzilla sama Jr. on March 31, 2022, 07:17:40 PMI see Poe Dameron/Duke Leto Atreides has a new movie out, "Moonshot"? (I think that's the name. IMDB agrees.)
"Moonknight"?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers