News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Wasn't the villain in Skyfall, an ex-00 agent?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on July 19, 2019, 01:23:44 PM
Wasn't the villain in Skyfall, an ex-00 agent?

I don't remember him being assigned a number, but you might be right. I remember something about him being sent on a mission as a spy, and feeling betrayed by how things went down. That's one movie where the villain actually gets what he wants.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

This movie might be pretty good. The cast is high quality, and the story sounds interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6AaSMfXHbA

I was hoping it was based on a series I recently read by Stephen Baxter (Proxima and Ultima), but apparently it's different. Still looks good, though.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

006 was indeed the rogue agent in one movie.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ad Astra movie, updated version of Joseph Conrad's "Heart Of Darkness"  according to note in Wiki entry.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Oh, OK, that was good too. I thought it might be from the Baxter book because they had a ship named Ad Astra, which means "to the stars."

"Per ardua ad astra" is a Latin phrase meaning "through adversity to the stars," so a character in the book named the planet at Proxima Centuri "Per Ardua," to go with the Ad Astra.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Munch

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 19, 2019, 08:35:53 PM
I don't get why it has so many dislikes.

fact that its so ugly looking, that its another CGI nightmare, which today is the cheapest form of creativity

Sal1981

Quote from: Munch on July 19, 2019, 08:44:38 PM
fact that its so ugly looking, that its another CGI nightmare, which today is the cheapest form of creativity
IDK man, doesn't seem so bad to me. Seemed like just some tame liveaction movie version of Cats by Webber.

Blackleaf

Okay. If they're going to CGI the thing to death, why make the characters look like people in cat costumes when you could just as easily just make them look like cats? If the goal was to make it look like the play it's based on, why not use real costumes? The decision to purposefully use CGI to make the characters look like people trying to look like cats is just bizarre.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 19, 2019, 08:35:53 PM
I don't get why it has so many dislikes.
Uncanny valley.  People say that the CGI looks horrible, but it's not.  It's actually very good - not quite photorealistic though, so it feels very, very wrong.  If you notice in the trailer reactions, a common reaction is disgust, which is exactly how people react to uncanny valley things.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 19, 2019, 10:56:18 PM
Okay. If they're going to CGI the thing to death, why make the characters look like people in cat costumes when you could just as easily just make them look like cats? If the goal was to make it look like the play it's based on, why not use real costumes? The decision to purposefully use CGI to make the characters look like people trying to look like cats is just bizarre.

Breaking the Fifth Wall?  Still, it is Cats, a musical.  I like it anyway ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I noticed this notation regarding the movie Hellboy at my Redbox website.  I struggled with it because I couldn't believe there was such a movie Association.  I think it was hard to understand because some words are capitalized that might normally not be.  Also, it's 1:00 AM:

Rated R by the Motion Picture Association of America for Bloody Horror Violence