Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on June 22, 2019, 11:51:06 PM
Panda 3 is better than Panda 2, IMHO.
Yeah, and the reasons would be spoilered if I posted them.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 23, 2019, 06:18:06 AM
Yeah, and the reasons would be spoilered if I posted them.

OK, a personal opinion on my part.  I didn't like the story in Panda 2, but liked the story in Panda 3 better.  But Panda 1 was best, because sequels ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sal1981

Shazam! - 7/10

Pretty family safe entertainment, nothing too fancy.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 27, 2019, 08:24:24 PM
Shazam! - 7/10

Pretty family safe entertainment, nothing too fancy.

When I was a little boy.  I imagined what it was like to be an adult.  Nothing I could imagine.  But no super powers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Spider-man - Into the Spider-verse

Confession; I've never been big on Spider-man, and not necessarily because I didn't like him but because I was always given a negative impression about him by others.

After watching this movie... nah, he is fucking awesome. Amazing movie.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Tom Holland will pick up for RDJ in the MCU, so the web is being flung far and wide.
PZ Myers

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 29, 2019, 07:04:27 AM
Tom Holland will pick up for RDJ in the MCU, so the web is being flung far and wide.

True, and I think he is the best live-action adaption as well... so it's a good time for Spidey. Best film, best actor, and best Spider-man game last year.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on June 29, 2019, 06:30:09 AM
Spider-man - Into the Spider-verse

Confession; I've never been big on Spider-man, and not necessarily because I didn't like him but because I was always given a negative impression about him by others.
I've always liked him well enough (solid 7 character).

I really liked the animated series, kinda disliked the Raimi films (heresy, I know, but they were so damn goofy and cringey), and absolutely loathed the Amazingly awful Andrew Garfield reboot.  But Homecoming and Into The Spiderverse really blew me away.  I now have high hopes for Far From Home.

Spider-Man is best in an ensemble against a decent villain like Venom or Carnage or Norman Osborn.  He probably has the largest rogue's gallery of any marvel hero but most of them are pretty lame, with either some dumb animal motif (rhino, scorpion, lizard, vulture) or something random (sandman, hydroman, stilt-man, etc)

Sal1981

Alita Battle Angel - 8/10

There might be a sequel, but there are so many questions left after the movie.

Shiranu

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 29, 2019, 07:16:54 PM
Alita Battle Angel - 8/10

There might be a sequel, but there are so many questions left after the movie.

I hope there is, that was one of the more surprisingly good movies imo.

That said, I went to it with extremely low expectations so... that probably helped a lot. But I would love to see more done with the universe on the big screen. Anything cyberpunk is pretty much an instant win for me.