News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Munch on March 20, 2018, 03:51:30 PM
I liked to imagine Baruch in a Victorian suit with ruffles and you as just a bear in hot air balloons fencing over the edge.

Cavebear and Baruch are the Statler and Waldorf to our Muppet Show.

Baruch

Certainly before 1939, fascist Brits were edgy, but not treasonous.  For all I know, given that the royal family are of German descent, they may have just thought it a funny joke at the time.  Winston wouldn't have, but then he had his own problems to contend with.

Context is everything, with humor anyway.  I see lots of annoying connections all the time, and usually share them ;-)

If Cavebear and I are the two elderly guys in the balcony seats, who is Kermit, Miss Piggy, etc ... you all get to play Muppets with us too.

I stayed in the Statler Hotel, Durango Colorado, once, when I was in HS.  My honeymoon was in the hotel that inspired The Shining.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on March 20, 2018, 03:51:30 PM
I liked to imagine Baruch in a Victorian suit with ruffles and you as just a bear in hot air balloons fencing over the edge.

So Baruch is in the past Victorian times and I am sort of in technology.  Sounds about right, LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 21, 2018, 01:47:14 AM
So Baruch is in the past Victorian times and I am sort of in technology.  Sounds about right, LOL!

You won't take my buggy-whip except from my cold dead immigrant worker
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Tomb Raider 3/10

Great cast but misses the nonstop chaos of the game play.  It was like watching two hour long cut-scene.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on March 20, 2018, 11:34:05 PM
If Cavebear and I are the two elderly guys in the balcony seats, who is Kermit, Miss Piggy, etc ... you all get to play Muppets with us too.

Hydra is clearly Kermit, the most liked member of the forum. I'm not going to identify Miss Piggy for fear of being karate chopped.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Downsizing  6/10

I liked it, but with such a clever premise it could have been so much more.  Instead of focusing on what it means to be downsized, it seems to wander off in different directions and at times is just an ordinary drama.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 21, 2018, 09:58:25 AM
Hydra is clearly Kermit, the most liked member of the forum.
Gonzo is a way more accurate characterization.

And how'd I get most liked?!  On my best days, I'm a guy who's passionate about a bunch of stuff and says interesting or at least entertaining stuff. At worst, I'm a world-weary misanthrope who hates nearly everything.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 21, 2018, 12:59:09 PM

And how'd I get most liked?!  On my best days, I'm a guy whose passionate about a bunch of stuff and says interesting or at least entertaining stuff. At worst, I'm a world-weary misanthrope who hates nearly everything.

Clicked the "Like stats" menu at the top and then "Most liked member."

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GSOgymrat

I was invited by a friend to the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood to see the 1947 film "Black Narcissus" in its original 35mm nitrate print. I saw "Black Narcissus" in a college class "Subversive film as art" but figured I wouldn't mind seeing it again with a group. My friend had purchased tickets online far in advance and when we arrived there was a HUGE line of people trying to get tickets for this sold-out show. A film historian explained the history and properties of nitrate film to a very enthusiastic audience. The historian said, "For some of you tonight's viewing will be a spiritual experience" and she was completely serious. I realized I was in an audience of serious film geeks and felt a bit guilty that I had taken a seat when there were people outside who were probably more excited by this special event. The film itself was very good, especially considering the time it was made but I enjoyed discussing the film as much as viewing the nitrate print.

https://youtu.be/CZRzcLK1Ar0

Mr.Obvious

And how'd I get most liked?!  On my best days, I'm a guy who's passionate about a bunch of stuff and says interesting or at least entertaining stuff. At worst, I'm a world-weary misanthrope who hates nearly everything.

That's exactly why I like you.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

And how'd I get most liked?! 
Enjoy it while it lasts.  The mob can turn on you at any time.