Why Christians Should Absolutely NOT Celebrate Halloween

Started by stromboli, October 21, 2015, 11:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle_dissident

The Christians are using Trunk or Treat at their Harvest Festivals to destroy Halloween. They're changing our holidays again. Although, soul harvesting does sound pretty scary.

On Halloween, I like to show people how insecure, paranoid, and superstitious they are by scaring them with goofy stunts that should be looked at as circus antics. I had a successful soul harvest myself this year.

http://www.laffinthedark.com/
Head straight to the articles.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 29, 2015, 02:09:49 PM
Well, if you think about it, Jesus was technically a zombie. He died and came back. He even still have the holes in his wrists, and presumably the stab wound to his lung. Just imagine, a church zombie walk of people dressed up as zombie...Jesuses? Jesuss? Jesusi?

Once I had a discussion with a christian on a christian forum, and on the subject of zombies, I raised the question: why did Jesus resurrect Lazarus? If Jesus resurrected Lazarus to let him die later on, what's the point? Now, if Lazarus was raised from the dead, and would still be alive today, say, walking downtown Manhattan as a zombie, now that would be impressed, wouldn't it? --- I recall that my christian rival never answered me back.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on November 06, 2015, 10:18:07 AM
Once I had a discussion with a christian on a christian forum, and on the subject of zombies, I raised the question: why did Jesus resurrect Lazarus? If Jesus resurrected Lazarus to let him die later on, what's the point? Now, if Lazarus was raised from the dead, and would still be alive today, say, walking downtown Manhattan as a zombie, now that would be impressed, wouldn't it? --- I recall that my christian rival never answered me back.

Probably the extra-Biblical aspect is ... this is part of the general legend of the Wandering Jew.  Usually this is tied to a "bad" Jew who spit on Jesus as he was carrying his cross to Calvary ... and basically told him ... you will have to wait until I come back.  But Lazarus as a story also connects to Lazarus the beggar, who was despised by the rich man, and ended up better off in death than in life, but the fate of the rich man was the opposite.  That would be standard "schnorrer" mythology ... which then ties back to Jesus and his disciples as "schnorrers".  It is possible that some would see a tie-in with prophets like Elijah who were ascended without dying, who then came back as John the Baptist ... or the later "lamed-vav-nicks" who are the perpetual righteous ones for whom the world is sustained in spite of everyone else's sinning (a take off on Noah).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.