I'm a christian now. A doctor found proof of god.

Started by PickelledEggs, June 17, 2015, 02:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

http://faithreel.com/doctor-prays-patient-raises-dead-warning-video-may-change/

I hope you realize I'm kidding. This video is so full of shit, it makes my septic tank look like Gordon Ramsey's kitchen.

Edit: btw. I wonder how many people that saw this realized wondered how this fit in with god's divine plan.... if he was going to not let him die, why have the guy pray? doesn't prayer go against god's plan otherwise... like if god wasn't going to save him? If god needed to have the doctor pray, does he lose his magic like Santa Clause in "Elf" when he's not believed in, therefor he needs people to believe to make things work? I wonder how many believers thought those questions. Dumbasses.

platatomi

Dr Crandall? Isn't he the guy pitching that heart health pamphlet on TV?

I think proposing an act of god saved one of your patients should be considered a sign of mental instability and therefore result in forfeiture of one's medical license. IF he even has one.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: platatomi on June 17, 2015, 02:43:07 AM
Dr Crandall? Isn't he the guy pitching that heart health pamphlet on TV?

I think proposing an act of god saved one of your patients should be considered a sign of mental instability and therefore result in forfeiture of one's medical license. IF he even has one.
He probably got his Doctor's degree from the same Crackerjack box that Deepak Chopra got his.

hrdlr110

Well apparently prayer wasn't enough - yet there is no mention of shocking him one last time as the reason he sprang to life. He even admitted his lack of sincerity, and sincerity is something god demands when one prays to him if prayer is to be successful. My investigation results: prayer - 0   final shock - 1
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Mike Cl

Get ready for a bunch of more of this type of shit.  A new tv series--Proof--is about to hit the screen.  It is for the 'scientific' search for life after death.  Apparently it is being made my the woman who stared in the Major Crimes series a few years ago.  I can hardly wait!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Prayer- Proof that god will change his mind if you ask him to, which suggests he was wrong, which suggests..oh-oh.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

It's almost as if delivering an electrical shock kick-started his body back to life or something. But no, no, it was definitely the prayer that did it.

*sigh*

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Savior2006

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 17, 2015, 09:45:05 AM
Get ready for a bunch of more of this type of shit.  A new tv series--Proof--is about to hit the screen.  It is for the 'scientific' search for life after death.  Apparently it is being made my the woman who stared in the Major Crimes series a few years ago.  I can hardly wait!

"A bunch more" implies that people haven't been pulling this con for some time now.

Cool. The dude has magic. I guess he'll go out into the world and start performing miracles where smartphones and camera's and record him; and I'm sure he has the typical answer to why God cared about this guy enough to save him, but not so much people in third world countries with no advanced medical technology.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

aitm

same ole same ole....why do all the fortune tellers drive 81 toyota's instead of a new cadillac?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: Savior2006 on June 17, 2015, 01:44:47 PM
"A bunch more" implies that people haven't been pulling this con for some time now.

Cool. The dude has magic. I guess he'll go out into the world and start performing miracles where smartphones and camera's and record him; and I'm sure he has the typical answer to why God cared about this guy enough to save him, but not so much people in third world countries with no advanced medical technology.
Why do I say a bunch?  Because the American public and TV go together .  Have you seen the ads for the new TV series 'Proof'?  It seems to be about what lies beyond death--and they want to find out through scientific ways.  If it catches on, then everybody and their mother will have stories of coming back alive after being dead, and what they saw.  This will all prove God, of course.  I can hardly wait.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

OK, I've had my daily dose of faith. But reason is the lighthouse, faith is the rocks below.

I'm glad the poor guy survived, but I agree with platatomi, the doc should be examined by some of his non-cardiac colleagues, to find out why he's hearing voices from thin air, and his license should perhaps be suspended in the interim.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

This is what I'm referring to:

Proof

Cast

Series cast summary:
Joe Morton   Joe Morton   ...   
Dr. Charles Russell (10 episodes, 2015)
Jennifer Beals   Jennifer Beals   ...   
Dr. Carolyn Tyler (10 episodes, 2015)
Edi Gathegi   Edi Gathegi   ...   
Zed / ... (10 episodes, 2015)
Callum Blue   Callum Blue   ...   
Peter Van Owen (10 episodes, 2015)
Caroline Rose Kaplan   Caroline Rose Kaplan   ...   
Janel Ramsey (10 episodes, 2015)
Matthew Modine   Matthew Modine   ...   
Ivan Turing (10 episodes, 2015)
Annie Thurman   Annie Thurman   ...   
Sophie Barliss (7 episodes, 2015)
See full cast »
Edit
Storyline

Following the death of her teenage son, a divorce, and a rift with her daughter, Dr. Carolyn Tyler is persuaded by Ivan Turing, a tech inventor and billionaire with cancer, to investigate supernatural cases of reincarnation, near-death experiences, and haunting, in hopes to find evidence that death is not final. Written by Soumik Ghosh

This will air on TNT and I think the pilot is already viewable on the TNT web site.  This looks like it will be just as good as Touched By An Angel.  And I bet most of you liked that series extremely well!

Solitary

When anyone through medicine or religion raises someone from rigor, I will be impressed. It isn't going to happen! Ever see a person come back to life when they are capitated while their heart and eyes still blink? My first memory was of a chicken getting his head axed off by my father and the bird kept flying around the yard. I've seen dead soft shell turtles bite a pencil in half after being dead for a day. Any doctor that thinks prayer works is either too dumb to be a good doctor, a fraud, a shaman, a witch doctor, medicine man, or a psychiatrist.  :eek: :wink2:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

KingJ

Quote from: aitm on June 17, 2015, 11:23:58 AM
Prayer- Proof that god will change his mind if you ask him to, which suggests he was wrong, which suggests..oh-oh.
That is what Moses did though. In Ex 32 God was going to destroy the Jews and Moses pleaded to spare them and He did. 

Something like prayer for the dead though is a joke. How can we over ride someone elses will. They make the decision to stay dead or come back to life... not anyone else.

Any Christian trying to raise someone from the dead is full of themself!! Trying to be their own god.

Mike Cl

Quote from: KingJ on June 30, 2015, 10:47:04 AM
That is what Moses did though. In Ex 32 God was going to destroy the Jews and Moses pleaded to spare them and He did. 

Something like prayer for the dead though is a joke. How can we over ride someone elses will. They make the decision to stay dead or come back to life... not anyone else.

Any Christian trying to raise someone from the dead is full of themself!! Trying to be their own god.
Let's see--Moses is a fairy tale, much like Jesus--and this fictional character is pleading with a fictional gwad to save the Jews.  Sort of like Bugs Bunny begging Daffy Duck to spare Elmer Fudd.  How can you override somebody else's will?  Good question--but christians try doing that on a daily basis.  It is called hubris.  And once you are dead, you are dead--period.