News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by biblebeltbetsy, February 15, 2013, 09:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C172

Welcome! I'm attending a conference in SLC in October. Looking forward to it. Looks like a nice place in photos.

Mister Agenda

Welcome, bbb, hope you like it here.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

biblebeltbetsy

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Hiyas, whereabouts in Texas were you?  I'm a D/FW native, now living in Austin.

I was in East Texas, Lufkin to be exact. Its about 200 miles NE of Houston

Quote from: "Sleeper"It's true what they say: Atheists are grumpy downers who never contribute any real worth to society.

And you eat babies too, so I've heard.

Quote from: "Brian37"Was it the whole planetary motif or the magic underwear that made you think rightfully that Mormons were as butt nuggery  silly as all the rest?

Because we all know Joseph Smith really did find golden tablets in the North East and he was a prophet of god.

It was the rule against alcohol and oral sex that did it for me.  

I thought it sounded like a crock of s*** when I first heard about the church. No tea or coffee? As a proud southerner, that in itself is blasphemy. Kolob? Ok, whatever. Magic Undies? No thanks. So I googled it, and found the Recovery from Mormonism forum, which I still frequent. I learned all about the seedy underbelly of this organization known as the mormons. But I thought "aww, what the hell" and decided to meet with the missionaries anyway. Maybe these people were just bitter apostates, eh? So I went to church and everyone was super nice to me, very friendly and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like they really cared. So I decided to get baptized, and then BOOM! I was abandoned. Still wet behind the ears with the most holy waters of baptism, I was left to fend for myself. Since I didn't believe anyway, the only reason I joined was for the people (who i thought were nice) and the sense of community (which turned out to be nothing more than a glorified high school clique), I quit going. No one really bothered to try to get me back to church, but the missionaries did harrass me with phone calls (at least twice a day for weeks), and even showed up at my work a few times, causing me to almost lose my job on two occasions. Anyway, I offer a hearty F*** YOU to the lds church. I think I could literally rant for hours about it lol

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Oh yeah, welcome. You must first post naked pictures of yourelf according to the other perverts here and I'm ok if you are only wearing a thong.. ** note my ability to be tolerant of new members.

I've been here a grand total of what, three days? And you people are already heckling me to take my clothes off! And I thought the mormons were sexually frustrated!  :D

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "biblebeltbetsy"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Hiyas, whereabouts in Texas were you?  I'm a D/FW native, now living in Austin.

Cool, my dad's side is from Camp County, down the road a little -- Pittsburg, to be exact.
<insert witty aphorism here>

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "biblebeltbetsy"

Quote from: "Sleeper"It's true what they say: Atheists are grumpy downers who never contribute any real worth to society.

And you eat babies too, so I've heard.

Quote from: "Brian37"Was it the whole planetary motif or the magic underwear that made you think rightfully that Mormons were as butt nuggery  silly as all the rest?

Because we all know Joseph Smith really did find golden tablets in the North East and he was a prophet of god.

It was the rule against alcohol and oral sex that did it for me.  

I thought it sounded like a crock of s*** when I first heard about the church. No tea or coffee? As a proud southerner, that in itself is blasphemy. Kolob? Ok, whatever. Magic Undies? No thanks. So I googled it, and found the Recovery from Mormonism forum, which I still frequent. I learned all about the seedy underbelly of this organization known as the mormons. But I thought "aww, what the hell" and decided to meet with the missionaries anyway. Maybe these people were just bitter apostates, eh? So I went to church and everyone was super nice to me, very friendly and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like they really cared. So I decided to get baptized, and then BOOM! I was abandoned. Still wet behind the ears with the most holy waters of baptism, I was left to fend for myself. Since I didn't believe anyway, the only reason I joined was for the people (who i thought were nice) and the sense of community (which turned out to be nothing more than a glorified high school clique), I quit going. No one really bothered to try to get me back to church, but the missionaries did harrass me with phone calls (at least twice a day for weeks), and even showed up at my work a few times, causing me to almost lose my job on two occasions. Anyway, I offer a hearty F*** YOU to the lds church. I think I could literally rant for hours about it lol

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Oh yeah, welcome. You must first post naked pictures of yourelf according to the other perverts here and I'm ok if you are only wearing a thong.. ** note my ability to be tolerant of new members.

I've been here a grand total of what, three days? And you people are already heckling me to take my clothes off! And I thought the mormons were sexually frustrated!  :D

Bingo.  There it is!
Let me just add:

I know your pain.  I was also raised in the south and let me tell ya - that 'washed in the blood of jesuss love" doesn't extend any farther than their level of self righteous hatery waiting on spill on you the very second you show any signs of being your own person or possessing a thought of your own.
Rant when you like - you're in good company here.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

LoneQuietus

Welcome to the forums B[sup:23s8a5cy]3[/sup:23s8a5cy]!
Memento Mori

Mathias

Welcome, When you come to Brazil, let me know. But discreetly please! :)
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.