This ‘Lost Little Girl’ Experiment

Started by Aletheia, June 14, 2015, 11:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Yeah NYC is like that... (very unfortunately). There are a few good apples, but for the most part, people are in such a rush that they don't acknowledge and sometimes even want to acknowledge that someone might need help. (I didn't watch the whole video.... I had to stop after that prick shoved her away)

What would I do though? Probably walk to the nearest cop (which there are one on almost every block) to ask them for help.... It would take probably 5-10 min the longest to find one and the cop would be better suited to take care of it with all their walkie talkies and crap, plus it's their job to help. I don't know if I'd do much more than that because I don't even know what I would be able to do, but that would be the first thing I would do.... leave her in good hands with the police. Then again, I'm never in the city for something that requires me to be there at a certain time or I have to rush to get to... so maybe that's why I would be more relaxed about it.... I mean, I've went to hotdog vendors to buy hotdogs and pretzels for homeless people asking for money before, so I can picture myself helping a little girl find her mom if I found myself in that situation.

Savior2006

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 14, 2015, 07:27:50 PM
I find it rather disturbing that if the other people involved in the video were not in on the whole thing from the beginning, which I suspect they were the video producers put the young girl in quite a bit of danger. Suppose that the real rude guy pushing her away had taken a swing at her and broke her neck or the would be pedophile decided to get violent to get away and the girl was hurt. That doesn't even mention the child labor involvement and so on.
The whole thing reeks of setup for profit. The girl takes the guy's money?
Something just isn't white in the rice there. .

Yeah. The more I think about it...the second that guy said "I'm calling the cops" the motherfucker would've just turned and ran. There's no way a criminal is gonna sit there and wait for the cops.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Dreamer

Quote from: the_antithesis on June 14, 2015, 04:30:14 PM
I dislike children, especially ones that aren't mine, which means all children since I never had any. Children are like less shitty versions of adults and adults are pretty shitty. A little girl that came to me for help is obviously very dim and not picking up on the "when nature says do not touch" vibes I radiate like hate, I mean heat. And hate. So she must be really desperate.

You're like, Ebenezer Scrooge
<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

Dreamer

This was terrifying, and that little girl was placed in harm's way. I think the problem tends to be that people think "someone should do something" more often than they think "I should do something" or actually doing it.

I think it's shifting, with more people acting. Calling the police is absolutely the right thing to do. The idea about taking video is smart.

There's this thing that happens where people will notice that something needs to be done, do nothing, but then nearly everyone will help if they see someone else helping. It's like it's a contagious social behavior. You can see it in the video. What if that pedophile had approached her when some of those people ignored her as she shouted for help? What if she really had been lost?
<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

TomFoolery

Quote from: Dreamer on June 15, 2015, 12:20:54 AM
This was terrifying, and that little girl was placed in harm's way. I think the problem tends to be that people think "someone should do something" more often than they think "I should do something" or actually doing it.

How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait. ..nobody offered to pray that the girl found her mommy?  Wouldn't that be the real obvious choice -
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 15, 2015, 11:29:05 AM
Wait. ..nobody offered to pray that the girl found her mommy?  Wouldn't that be the real obvious choice -
That's right--that's what I missed--the Christian touch.  I'm sure a Catholic priest would have liked a little change of pace--surprised we did not find one.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Aletheia

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 15, 2015, 11:29:05 AM

If you use prayer to find someone you lost, would that be praydar?
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.