This ‘Lost Little Girl’ Experiment

Started by Aletheia, June 14, 2015, 11:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aletheia

This ‘Lost Little Girl’ Experiment Will Shock You To The Core

QuoteTomorrow morning. You’re walking down the street on the way to work. You spot a little girl all by herself. She’s maybe eight or none years old. She looks scared. She comes up to you and asks her your help. She’s lost her mom. What do you do?
That’s exactly the question that online filmmaker DennisCeeTV is posing to the people of New York City. How will they fare with the challenge? Will they rise to it and help her out? Or will they walk on by as if nothing’s happened? Well, as you can imagine â€" it depends on the person. And there are some widely different reactions right here. Some are to be applauded, some will make you angry…

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Mike Cl

Surprised?  No, not really.  Shocked?  No, not at all.  Actually, the most common reaction was ignoring the situation.  That's normal.  (And I don't mean healthy).  What would I do?  I like to think that the worst I'd do would be to call the cops.  The best would be to call the mom and arrange a meeting.  The older gent who kept her safe was/is a hero type.  I do admire that type of action.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Oh wow. Sigh. The best thing is to call the cops. How hard is that?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

TomFoolery

The ending is pretty sad, but so is the presence of pedophiles in the world.

As for the rest of it, it's New York. It's not an excuse, but it's also an edited video. I mean, how long of a period was it shot over? How many people did she ask? It looked like some of these people had headphones in, and this child actor wasn't exactly pushy or fearful-looking.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Jason Harvestdancer

Adult men have a very good reason to be afraid of interacting with a minor female.  This is an age of pedophile predator hysteria.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

I wonder the motivation for the film maker..  I'd like to think of it as being for altruistic reasons, but it could just as well be to turn a buck and if that's true then it seems kind of exploitive of the kid.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Johan

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on June 14, 2015, 12:53:52 PM
Adult men have a very good reason to be afraid of interacting with a minor female.  This is an age of pedophile predator hysteria.
This.

If a lost little girl confronted me, I'd probably call 9/11 and then stay with her until they arrived. But I'd also start shooting video on my phone and keep it going until they arrived.

If she didn't confront me and ask for help, I'd ignore her and move on. Too much liability in doing anything else.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

AllPurposeAtheist

I'd help a kid any time. . Fear of some imagined boogyman out to accuse me of wrong doing? I don't think so. .

Solitary

I would have called the police if I had a cell phone, and definitely stayed to protect her from any kind of harm and give her emotional support. I probably would have broke the guys arm that kept grabbing her when I found out he was pedophile, cops or not. I don't want to let people like to get away with thinking it is OK. So sue me!
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

the_antithesis

I dislike children, especially ones that aren't mine, which means all children since I never had any. Children are like less shitty versions of adults and adults are pretty shitty. A little girl that came to me for help is obviously very dim and not picking up on the "when nature says do not touch" vibes I radiate like hate, I mean heat. And hate. So she must be really desperate.

Shiranu

Call the cops and stay there with her till they arrive. I don't think work (which would be the only thing I would likely going to) is more important than an actual human being.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Some people are just fucktards, end of.

I've always got an eye out when I'm out and about, if I see a kid walking around or crying, and can't see them with an adult, I always slow down for a moment and watch. There has been a time where I fully stopped in a crowded place in my town center seeing girl stood against a wall crying, and no adults around, I was moments from walking over and asking if she was alright, when her mum came from the shop she was in and grabbed her hand and walked on with her.

I'm not the biggest fan of children, but I have nephews, and maybe from that learned what to do around kids. I would never leave a child alone unless I knew they were back with their parents or guardians. I believe this comes from my mothers side and her love for kids.

As for the pedo, good that he was caught, but dam risky putting her at risk like that in the first place..
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

I find it rather disturbing that if the other people involved in the video were not in on the whole thing from the beginning, which I suspect they were the video producers put the young girl in quite a bit of danger. Suppose that the real rude guy pushing her away had taken a swing at her and broke her neck or the would be pedophile decided to get violent to get away and the girl was hurt. That doesn't even mention the child labor involvement and so on.
The whole thing reeks of setup for profit. The girl takes the guy's money?
Something just isn't white in the rice there. .

Green Bottle

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 14, 2015, 07:27:50 PM
I find it rather disturbing that if the other people involved in the video were not in on the whole thing from the beginning, which I suspect they were the video producers put the young girl in quite a bit of danger. Suppose that the real rude guy pushing her away had taken a swing at her and broke her neck or the would be pedophile decided to get violent to get away and the girl was hurt. That doesn't even mention the child labor involvement and so on.
The whole thing reeks of setup for profit. The girl takes the guy's money?
Something just isn't white in the rice there. .

I agree apa, its a bit disturbing using a wee girl like this tho i have to say to the older guy who tried to protect her,  well done mate, id like to think that id do the same..
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Munch

Agreed, I think thats the one good thing we can take from this, the experiment was stupid and risky, put her in danger, but at least there was a few good people.

Thats not teaching us anything new of course, anyone should know in the sea of trash people can be there will always be a few good men/women.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin