Man attacks Orthodox church in Istanbul, because Jesus told him to do

Started by drunkenshoe, June 10, 2015, 12:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

http://www.aa.com.tr/en/turkey/534695--man-attacks-orthodox-church-in-istanbul

ISTANBUL

Police in Istanbul have detained a man in connection with an arson attack on a Greek Orthodox church.

Reports emerged Tuesday night of the attempted firebombing of Ayia Triada Church in the Kadikoy district on the city's Asian side.

The church’s door suffered scorch marks after a Molotov cocktail was thrown.

Konstantin Kiracopolos, an official from the foundation running the church, said the suspect claimed that he saw Jesus Christ in a dream which prompted him to try and burn the church. He added the church will file complaint against the suspect.

Police and the fire department were dispatched to the scene after locals raised the alarm. Before their arrival, local people put out the blaze.

The suspect has reportedly been receiving a treatment at an Istanbul mental hospital.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

eylul

Didn't surprised. There will be more fights if the goverment keeps act like that. They get this power from them. Hate this country. PLEASE GUYS, DONT COME TO TURKEY FOR HOLIDAYS. LET US DIE.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: eylul on June 10, 2015, 02:39:42 PM
Didn't surprised. There will be more fights if the goverment keeps act like that. They get this power from them. Hate this country. PLEASE GUYS, DONT COME TO TURKEY FOR HOLIDAYS. LET US DIE.

I am thinking a meteorite would be more chique.

He is a mental patient. I doubt it was government planned. We are so expecting, we tend to interpret anything as 'government did it!' That doesn't mean I won't think the next one is though. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

eylul

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 10, 2015, 02:46:12 PM
I am thinking a meteorite would be more chique.

He is a mental patient. I doubt it was government planned. We are so expecting, we tend to interpret anything as 'government did it!' That doesn't mean I won't think the next one is though. [emoji38]
I blame them because we saw what happened ar Gezi. How people try to hurt each other with knives. And dont let to see these things are normal. Yea i hate religion, mosqs churchs but it doesnt matter. everyone has rights to do what they believe in.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: eylul on June 10, 2015, 02:52:34 PM
I blame them because we saw what happened ar Gezi. How people try to hurt each other with knives. And dont let to see these things are normal. Yea i hate religion, mosqs churchs but it doesnt matter. everyone has rights to do what they believe in.

Of course they are not normal, however so the mental patients are. Beyond Gezi, don't forget what happened with the Savcı. I tend to blame them too.

Solitary

I think all religious fanatics are insane, even when they are nice.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Quote from: Solitary on June 10, 2015, 03:23:37 PM
I think all religious fanatics are insane, even when they are nice.

Its the smiling ones that give me the chills.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on June 10, 2015, 04:11:02 PM

She is forcing herself too much to smile. Iyyyh.

My moment with this pic happened when it was first posted in the forum -with that event they did. I didn't get what she was really asking with that sign at first and thought she meant that the sunset is so fucking beautiful and how can you explain that beauty without a divine reason behind it. I had no idea she really was asking about the star setting. I felt so unprepared.  :sad2:

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 10, 2015, 04:19:53 PM
I had no idea she really was asking about the star setting. I felt so unprepared.  :sad2:

Its weird isn't it.. its like how when you grow up and learn the monsters you use to be scared of as a child aren't real, and the dawning realization that the real monsters look just like everyone else, like psychopaths and child molesters (cheap I know, but it has a point). Its seeing someone like that, and realizing, despite how 'happy' she looks, theres this pure lack of understanding and analysis going on behind those glassy eyes, its kind of scary to think someone can be that lost..
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin