News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Just another reason...I don't want kids

Started by commonsense822, March 09, 2013, 09:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"
Quote from: "surly74"open houses are good. I coach a 9/10 year old football team to the same result. want to see a nanny society? coach youth sports.
I've wanted to punch parents at youth sports games before, particularly the imbecile soccer moms who think they know something about the sport and scream at the kids to do X, Y, Z in the game. Shut up, lady. You're an idiot.

I was THE worst for this, Bark.  OMG I was soooo bad.  Running up and down the sidelines of the soccer field.  Till.....one day my youngest on the ride home explained that it was embarrassing to her when I did so.   Never did it again.  AND I apologized to the older two.  At which point they replied "But you were the only mom there who paid attention to US and the game instead of being there to gossip and crap like that!"   Made me feel better - but I never ran up and down the sidelines again.
I played tennis.  WTF did I really know about soccer?  lol  Just loved my kids and wanted to encourage them to try hard.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

SilentFutility

Quote from: "commonsense822"Haha I'll be honest the thought did cross my mind when I could see them in my rear view mirror.  But I'm pretty proud to say I didn't even shout at the kids, just turned around and drove off.  Not worth the sore throat.
How do you know that they were throwing stones? Did one/multiple ones damage your car?

If so, having to pay to fix your property/live with your property being damaged is totally fine? It wouldn't be for me.

Johan

Quote from: "surly74"just out of curiosity, are there any posters here who are married/in LT relationships that have decided to not have kids? I just suspect it's the same people that say who say "money doesn't buy happiness" because they are poor.

perhaps i'm wrong.
I am married and I don't have any children by choice. I don't think I've ever said that money can't buy happiness. I've been piss poor and I've made decent money at various times in my life. Having no money sucked. There is no question that having some money is better and makes me happier than having no money.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

surly74

Quote from: "Johan"I am married and I don't have any children by choice. I don't think I've ever said that money can't buy happiness. I've been piss poor and I've made decent money at various times in my life. Having no money sucked. There is no question that having some money is better and makes me happier than having no money.

the comparison i was making with the money was an out loud thought. I was actually wondering if people that didn't like kids even had the opportunity to create any. same as the thought of anyone that says "money doesn't buy...". Money does buy a wave runner though.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Plu

Regarding money and hapiness, I have more money than I used to, but I'm actually less happy. Obtaining the extra money is costing more happiness than the money itself can buy.

(I suppose this is also related to the opportunity cost of eating, sleeping and fornicating. They are generally things that make you happy, but come at a monetary cost. If you need to expend more happiness than they bring, more money won't make you happier. This is also why people are so jealous of those who love their job; they get paid without having to expend any happiness, which is of course awesome.)

wolf39us

I don't understand this question.  Are you asking if only infertile couples are the ones who say they don't like children?

I got sterilized willingly and I'm sure there are plenty out there that actively avoid the presence and sound of children as I do.

surly74

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"
Quote from: "surly74"open houses are good. I coach a 9/10 year old football team to the same result. want to see a nanny society? coach youth sports.
I've wanted to punch parents at youth sports games before, particularly the imbecile soccer moms who think they know something about the sport and scream at the kids to do X, Y, Z in the game. Shut up, lady. You're an idiot.

I was THE worst for this, Bark.  OMG I was soooo bad.  Running up and down the sidelines of the soccer field.  Till.....one day my youngest on the ride home explained that it was embarrassing to her when I did so.   Never did it again.  AND I apologized to the older two.  At which point they replied "But you were the only mom there who paid attention to US and the game instead of being there to gossip and crap like that!"   Made me feel better - but I never ran up and down the sidelines again.
I played tennis.  WTF did I really know about soccer?  lol  Just loved my kids and wanted to encourage them to try hard.

first, soccer isn't a real sport. if i want to watch 20 people jogging i would watch a marathon.

Our team openly encouraged parent participation at the games, cheer, keep things positive. Making them sign a code of conduct that we could reference helped, especially when i had mothers openly petitioning for my removal. I'd have one come up to me and ask to make a suggestion and I said NO. You are a parent, you don't get to make suggestions, if you wanted to make suggestions you could have volunteered to help the team as a manager or assistant. (the suggestions was their child should have won the hardest worker trophy for that week)

not to go off on a rant here but you see the entitlement of parents on sports teams. The beauty about sports teams is they teach kids lessons in life they wouldn't get anywhere else. Life isn't fair, nothing is handed too you, failure is ok as long as you learn something about it. Everyone is not equal. people are better than you at everything you do, you can either bitch about it and expect them to be dragged down to their level or work to improve yourself. every kids should play at least one year of organized sports.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Johan

Quote from: "surly74"
Quote from: "Johan"I am married and I don't have any children by choice. I don't think I've ever said that money can't buy happiness. I've been piss poor and I've made decent money at various times in my life. Having no money sucked. There is no question that having some money is better and makes me happier than having no money.

the comparison i was making with the money was an out loud thought. I was actually wondering if people that didn't like kids even had the opportunity to create any. same as the thought of anyone that says "money doesn't buy...". Money does buy a wave runner though.
Oh I misunderstood what you were asking. I can assure you that I've had plenty of opportunity to reproduce and lots of practice. But I never wanted kids so I never pulled the goalie.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

surly74

Quote from: "Plu"Regarding money and hapiness, I have more money than I used to, but I'm actually less happy. Obtaining the extra money is costing more happiness than the money itself can buy.

(I suppose this is also related to the opportunity cost of eating, sleeping and fornicating. They are generally things that make you happy, but come at a monetary cost. If you need to expend more happiness than they bring, more money won't make you happier. This is also why people are so jealous of those who love their job; they get paid without having to expend any happiness, which is of course awesome.)

What i'm saying is the people that say "money doesn't buy happiness" is using it as a cop out because they typically don't have any. Pretending they made the decision to not do something when they didn't have the opportunity anyway.

In this case all the people that don't want kids, are they actually in a postion where kids are a possibility (having sex?).
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

surly74

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "surly74"

Oh I misunderstood what you were asking. I can assure you that I've had plenty of opportunity to reproduce and lots of practice. But I never wanted kids so I never pulled the goalie.

NP.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

surly74

Quote from: "wolf39us"I don't understand this question.  Are you asking if only infertile couples are the ones who say they don't like children?

I got sterilized willingly and I'm sure there are plenty out there that actively avoid the presence and sound of children as I do.

not infertile couples. people that don't have any prospects for actual sex.

You know why I don't date supermodels? Because they are too high maintenance, that's why. (Ignoring the fact I've never been in the position to date supermodels)
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Johan

Well I have no doubt that there are cases out there where people falsely claim to not want kids as a sort of coping mechanism to shield the fact that they don't stand much chance of finding a partner. But I don't know that I'd say the majority fall into the category. Having worked in bars in my younger days, its been my observation that most people regardless of gender one can usually find a partner to pair off with for the evening provided they have sufficiently high social skills or sufficiently low standards.

surly74

God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

stromboli

If you want to be anti-kid-ed-did, spend a day in Utah. This is true-yesterday I took my wife in for an MRI. Outside the clinic, while walking the dog, I saw three (3) in a row young mothers walk in with three children each. All the same- one about 2-3, one about 18 months and one being carried in a baby basket. True story, no exaggeration.

Or better yet, go to Provo Utah and sit outside of Macey's grocery store near BYU campus, and count the preggers dragging kids behind them in and out of the store. fucking nauseating.

SvZurich

Quote from: "stromboli"If you want to be anti-kid-ed-did, spend a day in Utah. This is true-yesterday I took my wife in for an MRI. Outside the clinic, while walking the dog, I saw three (3) in a row young mothers walk in with three children each. All the same- one about 2-3, one about 18 months and one being carried in a baby basket. True story, no exaggeration.

Or better yet, go to Provo Utah and sit outside of Macey's grocery store near BYU campus, and count the preggers dragging kids behind them in and out of the store. fucking nauseating.
Well, if we pass laws limiting them to Utah only, they will still be limited to two senators, even if they do rack up an unreal number of Representatives.  :)
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.