News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Suicide Experiment

Started by GrinningYMIR, June 08, 2015, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

These guys decided to show what would happen when you want to suicide and talk to strangers...showing them...it kinda hit me hard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6bS8sOZTqw
We didn't start filming this video hoping to capture people NOT willing to help us. We filmed it to show the better side of people. The positive side. The compassionate side. Neither of us were prepared for what unfolded and were both left speechless at the end of the day. So many different lessons can be taken away from this video. Hope you leave with at least one. Share this video with friends and family members who may need to hear this. You never know how much you're actually helping. :)
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

stromboli

Having known two people that committed suicide, had I the chance I would do everything to stop them. On the other hand, I would take my own life deliberately if I reached a place where it hurt more to live than be dead.

Sal1981

A dear friend of mine had a deep depression and killed himself - I sometimes think back on how I could've prevented it. Alas, it never came to pass, because he hid his depression.

GrinningYMIR

Depression is a hard thing, still impressed by these two
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

The only person I've known to have committed suicide is my old gym teacher, who from what I heard did so because of the struggle he had with coming out and dealing with his homosexuality, along with a deep depression.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

And yet there are people that don't want people from other countries to come here---who is more compassionate would be another good video.   
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mike Cl

I'm not sure how I feel about this video.  That is a hell of a trick to pull on somebody.  But the more I think about it, the less I think the two cabbies responses were abnormal.  I really think that the average person put into a situation like that would try to help in some way.  I would--and most that I know I think would too.  Maybe they'd just call 911--but I think they would try to do something.  I tend to think that people are good at heart.  Maybe I'm just seeing this thru rose colored glasses--I don't know.  Glad they did not tell them after the fact that this was all staged. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

eylul

I dont know what time was, but i guess a few months ago, in Turkey a guy suicided. He made a video  and he puplished on internet. He explained why he wanted to die and i understood why. He told that he have lived everything that he could.
For me suicide or want to die are rights for people. And euthanasia must be legal in every country. If i feel like i have no reason for stay, yes i would prefer to die easyly and it would be better if its legal. I hate blame people about suiciding. And i dont think that its about depression. I hate the country i live in. I hate many of my friends. I was ill and now getting well, i had hard times and i was in depression about 6 months and never though about suicide. so let people to do what they want. dont judge dont blame dont shame.

dtq123

I have some "Odd feelings" about suicide, especially about getting help. Getting help should be reserved for those who can find people who know how to help. Simply having a family member around and talking risks putting them in a bad state too as seen in this video with a random stranger.

I'm not sure what to think, but I think it's wrong to make people feel sad, even for the sake of your own life...(I can begin to see why the Japanese are also a fairly stoic one when it comes to negative emotions, they don't want anyone else to feel their pain)
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Aletheia

When a person feels suicidal, I think it is appropriate to try to intervene because most suicidal individuals are in an emotionally critical state and their decision to die is impulsive. If reconnecting the person with life and rekindling their hope causes the suicidal impulse to diminish, then the right steps were taken. People often make the worst decisions when in pain and/or isolation.

However, when a person has their affairs in order, are not showing signs of exceptional distress, and feel that death is preferable or that their death is inevitable (in the case of terminal illness), then I feel that a person has a right to check out early. Many people diagnosed with stage 4 cancer are left with two options - going into debt trying to extend their life by weeks or months or refusing treatment to face an agonizing death. In such situations I can understand a person wanting to choose a gentler way to die and not wanting their family to endure financial ruin for what is essentially false hope.

Our family friend had committed suicide on impulse. His girlfriend was extremely manipulative and affected him negatively. She enjoyed toying with his emotions, and since he genuinely loved her, it made the game all the more enjoyable for her. My brother was the last one to talk to him via the phone. He asked him to come visit with his family for New Year's. They argued on the phone, so my brother thought it best to let him cool off for a bit. Different family members called him previously, but he could not be convinced to visit. Later that night, he took sawed off shotgun, pointed it at his chest and pulled the trigger. I imagine that he wanted the agony he felt in his heart to stop... and sad to say, he succeeded.

Hindsight is 20 x 20, and I can't help to think that someone should've drove to his house and tried to stop him from taking such a permanent solution to an impermanent problem. Even now, my brother can't understand why his friend made such a stupid choice.  If he was trying to hurt his girlfriend in some way, then he failed. The bitch showed up to his funeral with a new boyfriend.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.