News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Screwed...

Started by wolf39us, May 29, 2015, 04:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

So I have some bad news.

After moving to CT and getting pretty comfortable and setting up my new apartment which I'm moving in to tomorrow morning... My new job let me go.

They let me go because I wasn't a good fit.  At no moment did I ever believe I was in danger of being let go.  My teacher stunk and I had to ask questions.  I wasn't as independent as they wanted me to be.

I tried explaining this to them when they came to me Tuesday afternoon.  Thursday morning they fired me :-(

I'm so screwed... I have to wait until next week to apply for unemployment and my girlfriend has yet to find a job.

I don't know what the hell to do!

drunkenshoe

Hang in there, wolf. It will turn out OK. Don't worry too much. Try to relax for now.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

wbuentello

Wow that blows... Big time. I've had a lot of similar rough spots in my life. It works out. You have no control over the external shit that happens but you do have control over how you handle it. Easier said then done for sure but it's still very important. For both you and your gf. I know it sounds trite but it's a character building opportunity if nothing else. Keep your head up and keep your mind in a good place. Good luck.

kilodelta

Did they give you a severance?
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Mermaid

Well that sure sucks. Sorry to hear that.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

wolf39us

AllPurposeAtheist

You'll find another job. In the meantime stay positive and don't dwell to much on what just happened so it doesn't affect the way you come over at the next interview.  Hang in there. .I've lost everything I own several times in my life and still somehow managed to get through what at the time seemed hopeless,  but it wasn't. .
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Shit dude. I wish I knew something to say...

Shiranu

Sorry to hear that Wolf :\. Hope everything works out, and asap.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

hrdlr110

Right now is a period in your life that you'll call upon later for strength. It will be a great thing if this is the worst thing that ever happens to you. Good luck and chin up, especially when walking in the rain.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

SGOS

I am sorry to hear that.  But I hope you find a better job.  I had a friend that got fired from a pick and shovel job working in dam construction.  It was good pay, but basically, it was just digging in the dirt.  So he lands this other job with a private contractor that x-rays welds.  They needed that on the dam.  The hitch was that he was on 2 hour notice most of the time.  Welds would get buried in concrete, and nothing could hold up the flow of concrete in dam construction.  He might have to go to work at 3:00 in the morning.  When the dam was finished he moved on with the company.  Went all over the country with the company wherever welding needed to be x-rayed.

Now he drives his Jaguar to the airport to fly his plane.  Well, that was the last time I saw him 30 years ago.  I don't know what he drives or where he's at now.

stromboli

I daresay on the whole you have better prospects than most of us for rebounding and finding new employment. I'd consider this a glitch or disappointment, not a lot more than that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 30, 2015, 01:33:26 AM
Shit dude. I wish I knew something to say...
Ehem... You COULD offer prayer. .But then we'd have to have you killed. .
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

Sorry tae hear this man, that is what we in Scotland would call, ''a kick in the baws'' 
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''