Creationist accidentally finds 60-million-year-old fossil

Started by Hydra009, May 29, 2015, 02:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

I'm glad the guy didn't just bury the fossil. Seems like creationists would like them to stay buried, but this guy had a chance to re-bury one, and didn't take it. He may get some blowback from his fellow creationist brethren.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Solitary on June 03, 2015, 03:58:35 PM
So much for, "The truth shall set you free!"
And so much for being part of the solution or part of the problem.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 03, 2015, 04:14:48 PM
I'm glad the guy didn't just bury the fossil. Seems like creationists would like them to stay buried, but this guy had a chance to re-bury one, and didn't take it. He may get some blowback from his fellow creationist brethren.
Wouldn't matter.  The cat's already out of the bag.  All they can do now is stick their heads in the sand and encourage others to do the same.  Sadly, that works in some parts of the world.

Termin

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 03, 2015, 04:14:48 PM

Not at all, all fossils are just proof of the flood to them
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

trdsf

Yeah, that's the part I don't understand, that they accept the existence of fossils (although I have heard some claim that fossils are created by the devil to mislead humans), but so insanely misinterpret them.

I should like to know how they explain the total and complete lack of millions of human fossils caused by the flood.

No, on second thought, I don't care what their "reasoning" is.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Sylar

How do Creationists rationalize their belief that the universe is 6,000 years old with such discoveries, especially when they're the ones to make such discoveries?
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sylar on June 22, 2015, 01:53:36 AM
How do Creationists rationalize their belief that the universe is 6,000 years old with such discoveries, especially when they're the ones to make such discoveries?
You used "creationist" and "rational" in the same sentence. You get ten years on the naughty step.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sylar

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 22, 2015, 06:34:34 AM
You used "creationist" and "rational" in the same sentence. You get ten years on the naughty step.

Nope, rationalize != rational xD.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sylar on June 23, 2015, 01:11:55 AM
Nope, rationalize != rational xD.
You can't type "rationalize" without typing "rational". So there!
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 23, 2015, 06:05:04 AM
You can't type "rationalize" without typing "rational". So there!
Just like you can't type 'slaughter' without 'laughter'.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on June 23, 2015, 04:20:45 PM
Just like you can't type 'slaughter' without 'laughter'.
can't type 'restaurant' without a 'rest'.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?